Dial P for Perfection

Mama is in need of a julep and a lie down and possibly someone to feed her grapes and rub her feet (I wonder if the Fug girls will lend me George) for she is exhausted. I have spent the past several days digging around the ugly birk-shod bowels of the internet trying to find a low heeled superfantastic shoe for my beloved internet friends who cannot or will not wear the higher heels.

I give you the understated sexy Sigerson Morrison.

Look at that detail, those luscious curves, that sexy scoop by the vamp. They are the very definition of a gorgeous mid-heel pump and they will never go out of style.

Can’t you just imagine some icy Hitchcock blonde slowly ascending a flight of stairs? The camera is tight, we can’t see what’s in her hand and the top of the stairs are covered in shadows, we just see her feet in those shoes. Is she the icy femme fatale? The innocent career girl with all the bad luck? Those shoes say yes, to both.

13 Responses to “Dial P for Perfection”

1. Procrastamom July 25, 2007 at 1:12 pm #

Le sigh…

2. Kai Jones July 25, 2007 at 1:51 pm #

I’d definitely wear those…if they came in WW!

3. LW July 25, 2007 at 2:19 pm #

I love those shoes. I am ever in search of the perfect pointy shoe either with a slight heel or a flat. They are lovely. -LW

4. Kimmels July 25, 2007 at 2:39 pm #

I love the cone shaped heel – it is a comfortable like a clunkier heel but still sexy and sleek. Bravo!

5. Jane July 25, 2007 at 5:42 pm #

BEAUTIFUL. Too bad it doesn’t come in wide.

6. ericaceous July 25, 2007 at 6:19 pm #

I see some other comments stressing the same thing that struck me about these gorgeous shoes, but I have to add my voice to the chorus of big girls with the big, wide feets.

As I’m sure you have observed on you travels through the hideous world of “sensible” footwear, it’s quite grim out there for the big girl who is trying to make sure her W (or even more challenging, her extra-wide EE) feet are clad to appropriately enhance (or at least not detract from) the superfantasticness she is cultivating.

I am certain that a large number of the readers of the Manolo for the Big Girl are facing the problem of the D, E, or EE (or even wider) feet! Considering the often (dare I say usually?) hideous or at best, mediocre options for the extra-wide feet which you have no doubt seen on your travels through the back storerooms of the internet, we need much more help than our slimmer-footed, if equally cushioned sisters who have the entire universe of shoes at their beck and call!

In addition to the sussing out of the rare beautiful WW shoe, we need the manufacturers of the better shoes to understand that there are many superfantastic women who love shoes and who also have the wide feet! We are here, we need lovely shoes in the right sizes, and we are willing to pay for them! Here we come to the real reason I decided to write: In my wild dreams, the Manolo for the Big Girl could become a voice in the wilderness for properly fitted, beautiful shoes for the big girl with all different foot widths as well as lengths from the quality brands that are typically featured on this family of sites!

Yes, I said ALL different widths– I’m sure there are many readers of this blog that have long and narrow feet that slip out of the standard medium shoes! Let us band together to champion the cause of the multiple widths. It should be as unthinkable to supply shoes in medium widths only as it would be to stock a lingerie store with brassieres in only a C cup!

7. DasBoots July 25, 2007 at 6:39 pm #

Look at you, trying to snag Intern George. You know he wants to give you a hug and rub your fevered brow.

The shoes are very nice. I may have to release the credit card from its icy freezer prison.

8. ratphooey July 25, 2007 at 9:24 pm #

Since when is two and a half inches a mid-heel? Anything over two is really a high heel.

9. MissPrism July 26, 2007 at 2:50 am #

I agree with ratphooey. Those are beautiful shoes, but they are not low heels.

10. Leana July 26, 2007 at 9:06 am #

Although lovely in it’s form, and very graceful in appearance, I would probably wear such a shoe with dress slacks as opposed to a skirt or dress. It’s a comfortable and realistic heel height also. Having a wide foot as well-I understand
    how frustrating it is to purchase shoes at times….often have to go into a much larger size just to get the added width.
    I believe that for the superfantastic buxom wenches out there high heels are a necessity BUT only for specific times/places: getting in and out of the car, theatre,
    eatery and the bedroom. Heel height MUST be at least 4″, and EVERYONE must own
    AT LEAST SEVERAL PAIR of open-toe, towering stiletto heeled come F*CK ME pumps, Manolo being the GENIUS in creating. IT IS WORTH SKIPPING SEVERAL MEALS AND A TRIP TO THE MAKEUP COUNTER just to be able to purchase these.
    Don’t you agree?
    Leana

11. Toby Wollin July 26, 2007 at 9:25 am #

Ah, those are magnificent shoes, though if they were being produced by Franco Sarto, I’d at least have a fighting chance that they’d fit my rather wide feet if I got lucky with a 6 1/2. Sarto uses a slightly wider last.
    On the other hand, if this is a Hitchcock heroine, she’s going to need a very nice red suit with a boxy jacket to make that work (pill box hat also, but let’s not go overboard). Now, boxy jackets do zip for me, so a little bit on the dart side front and back, s’il vous plait.

12. lysana July 26, 2007 at 1:19 pm #

That is not a low heel, no. And speaking as someone who can wear medium width but has the problem of ankles that bend sideways at the least provocation unless I’m in my sensible shoes, those are a recipe for disaster. I seem doomed to wear clunky shoes unless I want to be walking with double canes at the age of 65. Is there no hope?

13. Catriona July 26, 2007 at 5:34 pm #

I’ll add my name to list of people who think that it is possible to make beautiful AND comfortable shoes for all sizes. I myself am very luck in that at least I was blessed with an average size foot (the rest of me is most definately NOT average), but my mother and my sisters have wide feet. I need to work hard to get my Mum to a shoe shop and then we have to search quite hard to find the shoes which fit. She loves elegant shoes yet most manufacturers seem to want to produce shoes which accentuate the width of feet rather than look good. I see it as the fashion equivilent of only having Mu-Mu’s for big girls and nothing which has shape or style.

I’ll stop now, I can rant for hours on this topic!