The Wonderful Wide World of Weitzmans

Oh my fellow fat-footed friends, do not think I have forsaken you. I hear your feet stomping out in the wilderness! They are calling out for the shoes deserving to cradle your superfantastic feets. Shoes that do not make you look like you spend your weekends playing the nickel-slots in Atlantic City with Doris and Edna, reminiscing about the good old days when Rosie was a riveter and trips to Canada were for pleasure, not prescriptions.

Never you fear! Plumcake will be your sasquatchy style sherpa, snorting around like a particularly glamorous truffle pig, searching high and low for the shoes of quality for the woman who has, as my podiatrist once said “a firm understanding with the ground.”

As the lovely and fragrant Francesca has already noted, Stuart Weitzman makes shoes for the superfantastic girl who, like Plumcake, happens to be more Fred Flintstone than Betty Rubble. These brown beauties are currently available up through 12W.

Here we have his handsome mid-heel “Portal” pump, pictured here in “mushroom.”
Portal by Stuart Weitzman

and for something completely different: the aptly-named “Sensual” tortoise-shell stiletto.
Sexy Stewies!

How sexy librarian are these?! They should come with fake glasses and a rip-away blouse.

***

A short note about high heels:

Plumcake knows that one woman’s kitten-heel is another woman’s stiletto. Indeed, the girl who walks around like an incontinent geisha in 3″ Blahnik d’orsay’s may very well be the same girl who can do windsprints in 5″ Kors espadrilles. For convenience’s sake, we will use Zappos’ definition of heel heights.

Low Heel: 5/8″ – 1 1/4″

Mid Heel: 1 1/2″ – 2 1/2″

High Heel: 2 3/4″ and up.

10 Responses to “The Wonderful Wide World of Weitzmans”

1. C* July 27, 2007 at 3:41 pm #

Sexy librarian indeed… RAWR! I need those shoes, STAT

2. Cynthia July 27, 2007 at 4:21 pm #

I live in a tiny town near no decent shopping, and over the years, my feet have changed from a liveable 8M to a 10 or 11W depending on how much pain I’ve been willing to bear. For years, I’ve been living in what I can only call serviceable basic pumps. It’s so exciting to see pretty shoes that actually look wearable again. I need that sexy librarian pump, need it!

3. spartacus July 27, 2007 at 7:54 pm #

The thing about the Stuart W. wide widths is that they’re really more like medium widths, becuase the Stuart W. medium widths are quite narrow themselves. I was initially ecstatic when I saw that Stuart W. had wide widths, but after trying on many different styles over the last few years (to make sure one style or season wasn’t just a fluke), I’ve come to the realization that the Stuart W. wides are not really “wide” at all.

4. Aisha July 28, 2007 at 3:24 pm #

I love Stuart Weitzmans, very comfortable and great (timeless) styles. I have a little under 10 pairs myself. If you like Sensual, you should check out Sashay – it’s like a open toe version of Sensual. That Sashay in the color “fire” is absolutely gorgeous.

5. deja pseu July 28, 2007 at 3:48 pm #

J’adore Weitzman shoes, and have several pairs. I’ve found that wides (and sometimes even Mediums if I go up half a size) are wide enough for me, but with a high instep, they sometimes are tight across the top of the foot and need to be stretched out a little bit.

6. Toby Wollin July 28, 2007 at 5:22 pm #

Wow. Those definitely rate a ‘va-va-va-voom’. But, pray tell, do Mr. Weitzman’s wides start at size 6, or, as is usual, at size 7?

7. Plumcake July 29, 2007 at 12:19 am #

even better, they start at size five and go up through half sizes!

8. Big Loser July 29, 2007 at 1:47 pm #

Luv’n both of these and definitely planning to check out that link asap!

Thnx for the find!

9. Carol July 30, 2007 at 4:40 pm #

“walks around like an incontinent geisha” – perfect mental picture, made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

10. High Heel Stiletto Shoes November 3, 2008 at 6:36 pm #

Anyone up for trying this out with me?