An Open Letter to Giuseppe Zanotti. | Manolo for the Big Girl

An Open Letter to Giuseppe Zanotti.

Dear Sir,

My ancestors did not fight and die defending the great Republic of Texas to put up with this sort of abomination.

zanotti.jpg

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Also, I’m not sure if Davey Crockett ever will come back to life because I’m pretty sure he’s up in the special section of Heaven with God and the other good Texans, but if he does I sincerely hope that he sneezes in your cereal.

Sincerely yours,

Plumcake

16 Responses to “An Open Letter to Giuseppe Zanotti.”

1. Style Spy September 6, 2007 at 9:40 am #

Fellow Texan, equally appalled. But I bet they show up at a lot of tailgates this fall. ::shudder:: Happily, Style Spy does not “tailgate.”

2. Shiloh September 6, 2007 at 10:13 am #

Aaack…my eyes!! Are the turquoise dangly-bits supposed to resemble a dream-catcher? Because they are actually nightmarish. Do you suppose there is an Aggie version in maroon with their little dog in the center?

3. Mo September 6, 2007 at 10:36 am #

It is things like this that give all Texans a bad name. This, and Jessica Simpson.

4. Twistie September 6, 2007 at 11:00 am #

I am not now and have never been a Texan…and yet I feel a deep sense of shame looking at that monstrosity.

Plumcake, your sense of fitting retribution is without peer.

5. Sarah September 6, 2007 at 12:32 pm #

Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!

But forget these shoes!

6. chachaheels September 6, 2007 at 12:33 pm #

Now THAT is what I’d call “cultural appropriation” to the Nth degree (the degree of the grotesquely misguided). It’s the equivalent of a Christmas shoe, featuring Santa Claus nailed to a cross, right where that bucranium is placed on the pony hair medallion on this shoe.

I better stop there. I might just call that shoe into existence by mentioning it.

7. The Betsy September 6, 2007 at 3:17 pm #

The Betsy has tried on the shoes of the Giuseppe Zanotti, and she must tell her fellow superfantastics that Mr. Zanotti believes all women have extremely narrow feets. The Betsy has the average width tootsies. So not only are these painful to look at, they’re painful in general. And The Betsy wouldn’t be caught dead wearing anything with a cowhead on it.

8. Laura September 6, 2007 at 5:24 pm #

As a fellow Austinite, I share your pain. Those are a crime against feet.

9. Meg Q September 6, 2007 at 5:34 pm #

Amen, sister Texan! Though you know some women will buy it for the kitsch factor (or to wear to a “Denim and Diamonds”-type fund-raising event), and other women will buy it straight up, to wear with the hurricane-proof beehive.

10. Mirele September 7, 2007 at 8:16 am #

Oh Mai Ghod. This is so not what I want to see at 5:00 a.m.

Did the University of Texas at Austin *license* this abomination? I have to ask, because it is the longhorn and ab attempt at UT’s orange color. It’s almost enough to make me turn in my diploma (class of ’84).

11. megaera September 7, 2007 at 10:06 am #

You could perhaps wear it to the the Hair Ball…but still it hurts my eyes. Seriously Mr. Zanotti, what did our state ever do to you?

12. Sara September 7, 2007 at 1:45 pm #

Boy howdy those are an abomination. We Texans could start a vigilante justice group and lurk in the bushes by the alumni center to beat sense into any of the women who show up in these. I’m sure they pair beautifully with one’s beaded longhorn cardi and licensed crinkle skirt. *shudders*

13. OCCaliAKA September 13, 2007 at 6:36 pm #

I actually have three pairs of the Giuseppe Zanotti shoes (size 41/10-11), and find them comfortable. Those don’t look comfortable or aesthetically pleasing, so I will pass.

14. leah January 22, 2009 at 1:31 am #

I mean, not to be nitpicky, but Crockett was from Tennessee. We have few heroes and we will fight you for them!