SARA RAMIREZ WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?! | Manolo for the Big Girl

SARA RAMIREZ WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Do you even KNOW how much I love you? I love you like Joanie loves Chachi, like Captain loves Tennille, like that silly dude who’s always hanging around Ashlee Simpson loves eyeliner. My love for you is DEEP and PURE because you are a comparatively big girl for your chosen profession and yet you dress for your shape and your amazing coloring and consistently knock it out of the park on the red carpet.

For example:

I would hit that. twice.
So I was not merely stoked, nay not even SUPER stoked, but super-duper borderline-stalker stoked to see what you would wear to the 2007 Emmys.

I watched the simulcast breathlessly and then as you approached… you were a vision in lavender, flawless hair and makeup, gorgeous earrings and a well-wrangled rack. Vintage Sara!

Flawless.

and then…then came what the Fug Girls call “the scroll down”

WHY?

WHY? WHY did you need to put that hole right there? What possible reason could you have for having that…that…DRESS SPHINCTER right in the middle of your beautiful gown?!

I…I just can’t…I don’t…

(It seems Plumcake has passed out. Please do not worry, just forward the names and numbers of bachelor doctors who might be available and are into curvy girls who faint a lot. Blue eyes a plus. I believe she prefers Episcopalians –ed.)

17 Responses to “SARA RAMIREZ WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!”

1. Pencils September 17, 2007 at 1:54 pm #

I love her too–I saw Spamalot in previews, and said, “that girl is going to win the Tony. She’s AMAZING.” And she did!

The little hole doesn’t bother me that much. Sorry.

2. Style Spy September 17, 2007 at 2:06 pm #

I know! I just want to POKE it with a pin or something!

PS… “well-wrangled rack” is my new favorite tongue-twister

3. caitlin September 17, 2007 at 4:03 pm #

OMG, “dress sphincter”! Favorite new interwebs phrase EVAR!

4. C* September 17, 2007 at 4:05 pm #

Yeah I’m not feeling the hole in the dress either. It’s very…odd. But other than that she’s smokin hot. IMO she is one of the most breathtaking actresses out there right now and curvy to boot!

5. Brittany September 17, 2007 at 4:09 pm #

i gotta tell you, the makeup…not so flawless. It looks like she forgot she had some place to be and put on a little mascara in the car on the way over. I love her an obscene amount, but well, she just looks like a man, or possibly a worn out tango instructor who hits on the husbands of all the women in her class. and that shade of purple is way too easter.

6. Bridey September 17, 2007 at 4:44 pm #

I love it. The sphincter thingie seems only a moderate goof to me, not an undoing, and she’s gorgeous.

7. me September 17, 2007 at 6:29 pm #

I love the red dress. It looks gorgeous and really, I think red just complements women with dark hair. The emerald dress….not so much. Her bosoms look like they’re in pain.

8. Ms. Berry September 17, 2007 at 8:34 pm #

Ouch! Those are some smushed bosoms in the green dress pic. As a woman with some heft in her chest, I know the challenge of finding a strapless dress that does not create the “armpit boob” look- but that’s why they invented the dressing room mirror, hun.

All of the other pics look faaaaabulous. Though the peephole bothers me too. So close!

9. Toya September 18, 2007 at 10:51 am #

I gotta say – I hate that color on her. She looks so much prettier in vibrant jewel tones.

10. sara September 18, 2007 at 12:56 pm #

I’m with you, Toya. Bad color for her. I also think she looks much better with her hair down – her hair pulled back ages her and makes her face look wider.

I don’t dig the hole but I more don’t dig the cut – that weird ruching stuff down below her waist. Her waist is so fantastically small – she has such great curves – and this dress doesn’t play it up at all.

11. caitlin September 18, 2007 at 2:35 pm #

I think she could have benefited from more makeup.

12. QuiteLight September 18, 2007 at 3:11 pm #

That colour is too lacklustre for her. If it weren’t for the poking hole (as fugged), I would say she looked over-girdled too, but I am not a Grey’s fan, so I’m not sure if that’s just her figure. Maybe the poking hole is carefully constructed there to show “look, no girdle!”, but really, there is.

13. Allura September 18, 2007 at 6:44 pm #

The red dress? Gorgeous. That’s how you do strapless with cleavage. The others? Stop squishing those poor breasts! What’d they do to you?!?

14. Margo September 19, 2007 at 3:09 am #

God, I love that green dress (yes, her boobettes have been oversquashed, but aside from that – beautiful).

15. La BellaDonna September 19, 2007 at 1:35 pm #

The red. The red. The red. The red. Somebody loves her, who put her in that dress. And now I do, too.

I want to put a big freakin’ rhinestone pin on her hip to cover the hole.

16. Deandrea September 22, 2007 at 6:54 pm #

looks like a stoma, especially with all the ruching around it.