If you are pear-shaped . . . | Manolo for the Big Girl

If you are pear-shaped . . .

. . . run, do not walk, to check out this new Black Dress, just arrived at Igigi!

The company just announced this dress today. If you hurry you can be the first in town to own one.

God, I love Igigi.

7 Responses to “If you are pear-shaped . . .”

1. Abigail October 24, 2007 at 3:53 pm #

See, I love that dress but it is too short! I think that just around the knees length is hard to wear, especially for pears. Now perhaps the model is tall and the dress would be long enough for 5′ 7″ moi but I don’t know. I have a Marianna top and it is adorable and perfect for my pear self.

2. Nemtynakht October 24, 2007 at 6:24 pm #

The length doesn’t bother me nearly so much as the price. As in, I would want to wear it every day but instead it would have to be a special occasion dress — if I could afford it…

3. Francesca October 24, 2007 at 7:09 pm #

Nemtnakht-

Oh, but you have it all wrong. Wearing a dress often justifies paying well for it, as you will get much wear out of it. It is a better value PER OCCASION YOU WEAR IT. Think of it this way: If a dress costs $150, and you will wear it twice, you are paying $75 for each time you wear it. But if you wear it 150 times, you are paying only $1 for every time you wear it.

4. Plumcake October 24, 2007 at 7:32 pm #

I have to agree with Francesca you’ve got to remember to amortize amortize amortize!

5. fillyjonk-knitter October 24, 2007 at 9:39 pm #

It IS a lovely dress. (I’m more of an hourglass-full-of-sand than a true pear, but I still think it would look good on someone like me. Not me exactly, though, that kind of neckline is a bit low for me…I’m high busted).

Knee length is actually really flattering on a lot of women – I’ve found for me it’s the best length, better than shorter, better than longer.

6. Nemtynakht October 25, 2007 at 12:33 pm #

Oh, no, I do agree with the cost per wear theory of clothing (thus why I own my beautiful Ferragamo Audrey flats). However, I can’t justify the money up front for it — thus, the special occasion justification kicks in.

And then, someone needs to tell me what the best bra to wear with it would be.

7. caitlin October 25, 2007 at 5:45 pm #

Good point. I will not be taping my bosoms for this. I also really can’t comfortably wear a strapless bra with my bog tata’s.