The First Manolo for the Big Girls Face to Face! | Manolo for the Big Girl

The First Manolo for the Big Girls Face to Face!

Can you even STAND it?! I’m dying!

Come meet Plumcake
in her natural environment (read: the bar of a posh hotel) and get to know other superfantastic big girls at the first Manolo for the Big Girls Face to Face! Have a little drinkypoo, a lot of fun and all the glamour (and gossip) you can handle.

City (or cities?!) and details will be released next week. Can one bar handle so much superfantasticness?

Are you dying? I am DYING!

28 Responses to “The First Manolo for the Big Girls Face to Face!”

1. Of the Sea November 30, 2007 at 5:21 pm #

I am DYING! Why does everything have to happen far far away in the real world??

May you have a superfantastic evening(s)! I will raise my drinkypoo to all of you from my little lost Central American country…

2. JayKay November 30, 2007 at 5:42 pm #

I hope San Francisco is on the list…

I know of this FAB little boutique hotel where the drinks are strong and the lights are low :)

3. Violet November 30, 2007 at 5:56 pm #

OI that itinerary had better include New York. We have lots of super fantastic hotel bars.

4. Cat November 30, 2007 at 6:24 pm #

I hope Austin is on the list, and that superfantastic small girls are invited, as well!

5. rachelh November 30, 2007 at 6:38 pm #

Chicago? Pretty please with a superfantastic cherry on top?

6. Catherine November 30, 2007 at 6:50 pm #

I’m in St. Louis… which is a longshot… but Chicago isn’t too far away!!

7. Bridey November 30, 2007 at 7:04 pm #

Los Angeles, please!

L.A. is not the most superfantastic city, of course, but it has much else to recommend it, including the fact that there probably won’t be snow.

8. gemdiva November 30, 2007 at 7:54 pm #

Oh please say the Big Apple is on the list! Plumcake in NYC at Christmas, sounds positively divine (and slightly Dickensian).

9. Toby Wollin November 30, 2007 at 8:39 pm #

gemdiva – yes, but you also need the “hard sauce” to go with it. My mum used to make both for us at the holidays and I always saw the pudding as merely the excuse for the sauce.
    Where I live will definitely NOT be on the list, unless Plumcake is somehow shipwrecked by a snowstorm on Rt. 17 between The Big Apple and Buffalo (the big snow), but if that happens, I AM READY. However, if The Big Apple IS on the list, I will send my emissary, the superfabulous hairdresser daughter in my stead.

10. Sharon November 30, 2007 at 9:48 pm #

Oh, PLEASE be in Austin!!!

11. Janey November 30, 2007 at 10:09 pm #

Portland! Portland, bith!

12. Plumcake November 30, 2007 at 10:12 pm #

Toby you have my word that wherever *this* plumcake is found, there will ALWAYS be hard sauce!

13. Canadian Chick November 30, 2007 at 11:58 pm #

Vancouver, BC! Or Seattle! Or Portland (I could go to Powell’s too!!)

14. Eilish December 1, 2007 at 1:53 am #

So much fun to be had! I hope I can go. My vote is for LA, of course, as I cannot really travel far this Christmas season.

15. Krista December 1, 2007 at 2:18 am #

Probably too much to ask that Phoenix be on the list. We are always left out….

(Pessimism lets you be pleasantly surprised when coolness descends on your life…)

16. megaera December 1, 2007 at 8:40 am #

Surely it is only the tiniest of jaunts for Plumcake to drop by Houston where megaera has been steadily gaining converts for her blog?

17. Kimks December 1, 2007 at 11:19 am #

I must throw my vote in for Philadelphia- Despite the News reports to the contrary, this is a Superfantastic Cit, and I must Say, the Bar in the Vault at the Ritz- Supremely Posh and generally full of Good Looking Rich Men- Yes, most of them are married, as am I, but just because you are on a diet, doesn’t mean you can’t check out the menu.
    Philly Please!!

18. Sara December 1, 2007 at 3:16 pm #

Pretty please let it be in Austin!!!

Maybe at Hotel San Jose? Brown Bar? I’ll stop thinking of suggestions since, of course, I’m sure that Plumcake also knows where to find the Austin poshness.

19. Leah December 1, 2007 at 6:48 pm #

DC, my love! Come to DC! And perhaps, before I head to the homestead in the middle of nowhere for Christmas on the 19th?

I’m not going to lie, wouldn’t it be awesome if the big girls, we invade the embassy ball?

20. Jennie December 1, 2007 at 10:27 pm #

The south should be represented! Atlanta or Charlotte Please…..

21. AmelieWannabe December 2, 2007 at 8:37 am #

Gee, Plumcake, seems like quite a few of your superfantastic Austin girls followed you to Manolobig. As for the upcoming get-together, which I’m dying for, I’m envisioning all of our fabulousness at some chic downtown bar, many curvacious women draped beautifully along some plush stretch of mahogany, martinis in hand, as the men flock to us curvy cuties while pin-thin girls can only stare longingly at our ample IBG (inner boobular groove to those in the know). I say work it if you’ve got it and we definitely do!

22. Laura December 2, 2007 at 1:06 pm #

another vote for Austin!

23. Carol December 2, 2007 at 3:56 pm #

The Polo Club Lounge in the New Orleans Windsor Court Hotel is very nice. It feels like you got to sneak into an exclusive gentlemen’s club with Bertie Wooster; it has a gorgeous bar, lots of wood, and comfy chairs and sofas. They know how to make an excellent Old Fashioned and Sazarac (with rye whiskey) and the food is wonderful. You could get there at noon on Saturday, lay in a nice food base to keep one from getting overly tipsy, and spend the rest of the day imbibing in comfort. Walk a few steps for dinner in The New Orleans Grill, ride safely in the elevator to your room to sleep it off, then on Sunday toddle a few more steps to Le Salon for a lovely afternoon tea to finish your stay without ever having to leave the building.

24. KateriBella December 2, 2007 at 4:02 pm #

Catherine — vote number two for St. Louis!

25. slownews December 3, 2007 at 12:31 pm #

Vote three for St. Louis! Ritz bar in Clayton?

26. Tk December 3, 2007 at 4:51 pm #

Toby –

Believe it or not, another useless and hopeless vote for a nameless and, I think, fabulous hotel bar-free, metropolis between The Big Apple and the Big Snow. (Though we’re celebrating our very own Big Snow right now!)

27. Stacey C. December 4, 2007 at 3:41 pm #

Though it would require some coordination…I vote for NYC…as I’m in Western Massachusetts which is rather a dead zone for high fashion and good bars.

28. krzz March 13, 2009 at 12:11 am #

Ladies, Where are the updates,,, now now lets start it up again, with hube in our oun cities,,,,, Come again, I am in Stuart Floridaand its 2009 and i am 50…

5 9 and waiting for manolos gals…. krzz