Big girls in art: Woman Playing Cello | Manolo for the Big Girl

Big girls in art: Woman Playing Cello

Here we have the beautiful big girl who is playing the cello. She even has the little cherub to hold her music for her.

Francesca asks: What is she thinking about?

A poster print of this painting is available here.

11 Responses to “Big girls in art: Woman Playing Cello”

1. leebee January 2, 2008 at 3:30 pm #

To me, it looks like she’s thinking “Dead GOD: will this ever END?!?!”
    That cherub is holding her music at an angle far too low for her to read, making her miss notes in a medley to the queens of fashion… they have cursed her with wearing those God-awful puffy sleeves…. DEFINITELY not flattering to the figure. :S

2. gemdiva January 2, 2008 at 7:54 pm #

I think she is thinking “I wonder if I can nail this cherub in the belly button with my bow without looking”.

3. Margo January 2, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

“Where did I put my car keys?”

4. Canadian Chick January 2, 2008 at 10:54 pm #

“is that a dominant minor or a dominant major? My kingdom for a GOOD copyist”

5. TeleriB January 3, 2008 at 9:04 am #

“What the – is that a ghost sheep flying over my head?”

6. Annalucia January 3, 2008 at 11:19 am #

She is thinking, “This artist, I hate him. Anyone who has picked up a cello even once will see that I am not really playing. I am not sitting sensibly forward on my seat, with my knees clasping the cello. I am holding it at such an angle that I cannot even see the A string, let alone reach it with the bow. But no, he wants the `angelic’ pose so he can add the stupid little putto as well. When I am finally released from this idiot project I will loosen the hairs of the bow and garotte the artist therewith.”

7. Lunadog January 3, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Why didn’t they send me a grown up naked Cupid to hold my music?

8. Lunadog January 3, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

My cheap shoes are killing me!

9. Whit January 3, 2008 at 5:03 pm #

“Why is this infernal jackass painting a cello when it is clear by my bow grip and stance that I’m really playing a tpo-small contrabasso? Ok, so it’s got an extra lump, what of it?

10. Canadian Chick January 4, 2008 at 8:00 pm #

what, you’re daring me to poke the cherubim in the tummy with my bow? Uh…why?

11. Jessica January 9, 2008 at 7:07 am #

Passing through and wanted to tell you I enjoyed my stay