Be Ready When the Sun Comes Out Again | Manolo for the Big Girl

Be Ready When the Sun Comes Out Again

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m ready for winter to end, already. I’m looking forward to sunny skies and a chance to go outside with less layers. That sent me on a mission to find fun sundresses to play in when the mercury rises just a tidge.

The good news? Mission accomplished! I found some pretty clothes to dream about. Let’s share the dream, shall we?

Ulla Popkin Embroidered Sundress This pretty embroidered rayon sundress from Ulla Popkin comes in three colors and sizes up to 36/38. It’s machine washable, too, which is always a big selling point with me.

Over at Newport News, there’s a dress sale going on, including this lovely linen dress with drawstring neckline.

Newport News Linen Sundress It’s available in four colors up to size 24, and has been marked down to just $44.00.

If you like to keep your shoulders and upper arms covered, here’s a cute and comfortable-looking option from Catherines .

Yellow Sundress From Catherines It comes up to size 5X and is decorated with tonal embroidery and beading. Nice.

8 Responses to “Be Ready When the Sun Comes Out Again”

1. July February 9, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

I, too, am ready for spring.

But, I can’t help myself: it’s FEWER layers, not less. “Layers” is a countable noun.

2. Angel February 9, 2008 at 11:26 pm #

Lol….erm, English major???

I live in Florida where there isn’t a Winter. We can dress almost any way we want to year round. I only wish we had Seasons.

3. Jadeleah February 10, 2008 at 6:30 am #

It’s summer here down under. Tis a lovely one too!
    I just did a big online shop for spring/summer pieces and hope this weather does on for as long as possible as our winter is wet and cold and our homes not so well insulated….luckily I am ;)

4. Mango February 11, 2008 at 11:17 am #

I live in Florida and I miss seasons too. Although, it is nice to know that I can (and will) go to the beach today.

5. fantasmicalfrankie February 11, 2008 at 2:09 pm #

I live in Oklahoma where it’s really freakin’ cold! We got a few good days of 50+ degree weather that was just enough to get us all panting for a few sunny days.
    Irritation aside, those are some really cute dresses. I love the green one!

6. Shush_u February 11, 2008 at 4:11 pm #

Now, I can’t tell if your trying to be sarcastic or not. ;) I do love the banner ads going on next to the article with the skiiiinnny models in it. Whats wrong with models with a little meat on the bone like the ones at the plus store we all know who can’t be bigger then a size 12 (Plus size my beauty booty).

7. Twistie February 11, 2008 at 9:23 pm #

Shush_u, I don’t pick the models, or the company policies that lead to their hiring. I just try to find pretty clothes available in not-tiny sizes.

I do, however, absolutely agree with you that plus size clothing companies should hire models who can wear the clothes they make.

Oh, and July, I stand corrected. I actually do know better. Brainfarts hurt. Ow.

8. jen February 12, 2008 at 12:38 pm #

I miss spring/summer weather too!! I hate wearing all these layers and feeling so bulky, the green dress is ultra cute! Alas, I must wait, for I live in Arkansas and its freakin cold!!