I’m not Honey, No-ing AT You, I’m Honey, No-ing NEAR You. | Manolo for the Big Girl

I’m not Honey, No-ing AT You, I’m Honey, No-ing NEAR You.

Oh Dawn French, you are my everything. I love you with a love that is more than a love. You are SO funny and SO talented and your Catherine Zeta Sparticus Douglas Jones, Queen of Wales sketches (including an incredible Welsh accent and the greatest line ever written which is almost unrepeatable but ends in the phrase “cockle-tidy, snuggle-bosoms, drop-drawers gorgeous”) kill me every. single. time.

Therefore, I cannot bring myself to snark on you.

My beloved Dawn French leaving the BBC 1 Offices

HOWEVER, and I’m saying this APROPOS OF NOTHING, that perhaps if you are blessed with great expanses of rack but not of leg or neck that a long, relatively shapeless mac in a Big! Floral! might not do THE most glorious things for you. Perhaps if you had a shorter, say, just bum-covering belted flared trench with a lapel you might not look so much like you are one stiff breeze away from requiring the immediate medical assistance of all the king’s horses and –somewhat more temptingly– all the king’s men.

9 Responses to “I’m not Honey, No-ing AT You, I’m Honey, No-ing NEAR You.”

1. Jennie February 14, 2008 at 12:42 pm #

Ackkk! Another big girl floral print! She is fierce but the coat needs to go back to the cabana it came from…

2. boots February 14, 2008 at 12:57 pm #

Even in that coat, Dawn French, PLEASE be my Valentine.

3. Dowdydiva February 14, 2008 at 2:03 pm #

Thank you for turning me on to these sketches! They are most hilarious.

Like Chaka, I cannot criticize because the floral wrapping paper covers such a great talent.

4. Angel February 15, 2008 at 6:12 pm #

No, just no. No on anyone. Period.

5. 19082008 February 16, 2008 at 4:00 am #

She is too short to pull that coat off. Speaking as someone who is around 5 feet, 8.5 inches, you need height to pull that type of coat off. I have one that’s sort of similar (INC Woman from Bloomingdale’s).

6. Fashion Models Agencies February 16, 2008 at 4:32 am #

Hello this comment is delightful.
    I will definitely read your diary..
    Thanks

7. CanadianChick February 17, 2008 at 3:30 am #

oh. lord. no.

back away from the scary floral bag, Dawn – it’s trying to eat you alive…

is that from her (IMO) “what were you THINKING, Dawn” clothing line, sixteen47?

8. Chaser February 17, 2008 at 12:18 pm #

Ok, the coat is wrong, but what’s going on with those pants? I am confused. And I love her, too.

9. La BellaDonna August 4, 2008 at 11:30 am #

If her coat is waterproof, I can understand why she doesn’t want to settle for one that just covers her bum. Maybe she’d like to keep her knees dry. Maybe she bought the only damned coat she could find in her size, which is why she’s wearing ginormous flowers. Or maybe she likes ginormous flowers – they beat the heck out of the awful, ugly raincoat that I have yet to replace.