Shake Your Pompons! | Manolo for the Big Girl

Shake Your Pompons!

I was never a cheerleader. I never wanted to be a cheerleader. I have no problems with cheerleaders as a group, they’re sweet and bouncy, sort of like cocker spaniels with a slightly lower college acceptance rate.* That does mean, however, that I missed out on pretty much all pompon-related activity when I was a youngster.

Thankfully for me, Viktor & Rolf, the craziest Dutch guys the world has ever known (excluding that dude I dated in college who woke me up in the middle of the night some time in my sophomore year and convinced me it was a good idea to eat half a dozen home-made chocolate chip cookies and wash it down with a half a bottle of Jaegermeister. I don’t really remember much, but I do know I totally ruined my silver shot silk pajama bottoms.) have created the cutest little Dita-Von-Teese-y peeptoes with a decorative pompon trim.

If I weren’t already steadily tucking away a luxury tithe for two pairs of Pradas that came stomping down the runway and into my heart last week, I would totally buy these almost-but-not-quite twee darlings. Remember to use code yoox2008 for an extra 10% off!

Viktor & Rolf pompon peep toes.

*This is a joke. Please do not send me hate mail.

7 Responses to “Shake Your Pompons!”

1. Angel February 26, 2008 at 9:36 pm #

Love this shoe. So dainty and girly. Unfortunately, the heel is waaaay too high for me. *cries*

2. Jennie February 27, 2008 at 1:48 am #

All super fantastic shoes should come in 2 heel heights..C.F.M. (not cubic feet per minute..) height and Yes I can walk down the stairs height.

3. Dani February 27, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

I want those shoes.. Unfortunately I spent my tax refund on two pairs of Duo boots.

4. Sarah February 28, 2008 at 2:59 pm #

Cute! The website insists they are “closed-toe slip-ons,” though. Hee!

5. Cat February 29, 2008 at 12:08 am #

Jennie, I agree — superfantastic shoes should always come in a lower heel height for those of us who cannot wear the really high heels. I miss out on so many great shoes because it is physically impossible for me to wear them. Darnit.

6. Cat February 29, 2008 at 12:12 am #

Apologies if this posts twice — the first one seems to have disappeared:

Jennie, I agree! Superfantastic shoes should always be offered in a lower heel height for those of us who cannot wear really high heels. I miss out on so many great shoes because it is physically impossible for me to wear them. Darnit.