The Big Question: Small Screen Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Big Question: Small Screen Edition

We went deep last week so let’s go light today.

Francesca and Plumcake want to know:

What television character would your friends say your personality most resembles and why?

Extra Credit: What about Francesca and me? Tread carefully!

24 Responses to “The Big Question: Small Screen Edition”

1. Jenny February 27, 2008 at 1:54 pm #

Equal parts Karen Walker and Elaine Benes

2. Dowdydiva February 27, 2008 at 2:44 pm #

I recuse myself from judging our most gracious Intarweb hosts.

Myself, I’ve described myself as a “pink-collar Sgt Dietrich from Barney Miller”, and people have agreed. One boss compared me to Bull from Night Court, not so much that I was tall and ungainly (I’m sure it was in there), but for my “sense of wonder at everything.”

3. Jen February 27, 2008 at 3:08 pm #

Daria. It’s the sarcasm, dark hair, glasses, and heavy contempt for stupidity. Also, my sister is very Quinn like.

4. Bridey February 27, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

I’m a Roseanne Connor, I guess — short, round, loud, opinionated, and a just teeny bit aggressive, not to say hostile.

Francesca makes me think a little bit of Rhoda Morgenstern. Funny and creative and tough-talking, but really a softie. (And without Rhoda’s tiresome body image issues.)

And Plumcake, of course, is Chandler Bing :)

5. Kitty February 27, 2008 at 5:31 pm #

According to my ex-girlfriend and my best friend, both of whom I IMed to ask after seeing this, I’m either (a) Angel from RENT, the peacemaker and the glue holding our weird little group together; (b) Serena Southerlyn from Law & Order, smart and tough when defending things I care about, and sometimes a little too opinionated or a little too passionate; or (c) Usagi from Sailor Moon, incredibly clumsy and often immature but protective of and devoted to people I care about and willing to step up to challenges that terrify me if I need to.

I love my friends.

6. Me February 27, 2008 at 5:47 pm #

Daria. For the exact same reasons stated by Jen.

7. JadedKitten February 27, 2008 at 6:02 pm #

Elizabeth Bennet, as represented in Andrew Davie’s 1995 Pride and Prejudice miniseries. I call people on their crap, I take care of the people close to me, and at the end of the day I have a romantic streak a mile wide!

That’s almost verbatim from a friend I asked.

8. Melissa B. February 27, 2008 at 9:42 pm #

Dana Scully from “The X-Files.” I’m hyper-analytical, skeptical by nature, and I tend to overthink things. But I’m also very loyal to my friends and family.

9. tracy m February 27, 2008 at 11:42 pm #

My husband says Phoebe from Friends. I think it’s funny- and kind of accurate.

10. AmelieWannabe February 28, 2008 at 4:57 am #

My biggest fear is that I’m Hyacinth Bucket, oh she of, “Boooo-kay residence, lady of the house speaking.” Everytime I watch “Keeping Up Appearances”, I plead with my husband to reassure me that I’m not as much like Hyacinth as I think I am. I’d love to say that I’m Geraldine Granger from “Vicar of Dibley” but, alas, I’m not that spiritual nor do I have the wacky best friend. I do, however, share her love of chocolates and pop music.

P.S. Loved the Dawn French entry from a several days ago. That was definitely not her most flattering photo.

11. Rayo February 28, 2008 at 10:33 am #

My friends would say Grace from Will and Grace because apparently I’m strange or something like that. My fashion sense isn’t as ridiculous as hers but her mannerisms, and her constant paranoia resemble mine.

12. Marnie February 28, 2008 at 3:11 pm #

I have been accused, many times over, of resembling Karen Walker (Meghan Mullaly) from Will & Grace. I’ve got the knockers, the moxie, the love of monochromatic dressing and plunging necklines, and the same tendancy to throw over my friends and loved ones for a perfectly mixed martini. All those things that everyone thinks but know you’re not supposed to actually say out loud? Yeah, I say those.

13. boots February 28, 2008 at 4:00 pm #

I’m surprised nobody has said this yet, but I feel disturbingly close to Liz Lemon on “30 Rock.”

14. orora February 28, 2008 at 4:07 pm #

Equal parts Julia Sugarbaker, Ellen Degeneres and Edina Monsoon.

15. Sara February 28, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

If Karen from Will and Grace and Charlotte from Sex and the City were smooshed together to form one person, that would be me. I’m a weird mix of obscene and ladylike, but it works for me. Throw in a hint of Julia Sugarbaker for good measure.

16. Raquelona February 28, 2008 at 4:35 pm #

Lucy Van Pelt from Peanuts, because I’m a bossy know-it-all with a huge, round head.

17. Never teh Bride February 28, 2008 at 6:11 pm #

That’s too easy. I’m equal parts J.D. and Elliot from Scrubs.

18. Chaser February 28, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

I asked my husband and he said “Columbo.” This does not bode well for my fashion sense. I asked him, he said: Scruffy, self-effacing, observant, determined. People assume you are dumb, you let them, they regret it later.

19. Abbey February 28, 2008 at 11:04 pm #

My roommate insists that I’m Willow from Buffy. One of my colleagues recently saw Juno and immediately thought that Juno’s pretty much me (minus the teen pregnancy). And she’s not a fictional character, but someone I know always compares me to Tina Fey.

20. Rubiatonta February 29, 2008 at 1:45 pm #

Miss Piggy. Because I’m a diva with huge blue eyes, masses of blonde hair, and an inordinate fondness for frogs. (And I have been known to deliver the odd karate chop.)

21. jen February 29, 2008 at 5:17 pm #

If you could combine Scrubs character Eliot with Karen Walker and add a dash of Julia Sugarbaker, you would have something like me! I’m just a little dorky like Eliot (I have done the robot in public), I like to maintain a steady buzz while well dressed like Karen and I will straight tell your ass off if you piss me off just like Julia all with a southern accent haha!

22. AmazonAngelle February 29, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

I would say I am mix of Dr. Callie Torres from Grey’s , Jack *and* Karen from W&G and a little bit of Buffy for good measure. I am a romantic who tries to please people but who still maintains a passion most people don’t understand like Callie. I am wildly inappropriate and appreciate a good cocktail (or sedative) like Jack and Karen and I am willing to fight and die for my friends but also just want to have a regular life like Buffy.

23. Denise March 2, 2008 at 1:39 am #

Do not make fun of me. My husband says I am like Kira Nerys from Start Trek: Deep Space 9, minus the whole ex-terrorist bit.
    We’re nerds around here.:)

24. betsy March 2, 2008 at 9:38 pm #

Ranma.

(Ha, and you think YOU’RE a nerd.)