I See London, I See France, I See a Big Girl in Underpants | Manolo for the Big Girl

I See London, I See France, I See a Big Girl in Underpants

How I love Katie Price. Price, better known British glamour model Jordan, was the queen of the Page Three Girls until The Sun decided on instituting an all-natural policy. Why? Well, before, having Ms. Price in my pocket, as it were, was like money in the bank every time one of my British pals got all stroppy about the lack of refinement in America.

Ms Price has released a lingerie line for Asda, the British Wal-Mart and in doing so invited “regular women” to help her launch the collection, including a big girl. Naturally the internet has snarked up a storm. Now, Plumcake has publicly appeared in her unmentionables more times than she would care to mention, and let me tell you, it takes guts to show your guts. So I say, good for you, Katie Price, you highly sea-worthy orange nutter you, and good for you too, Big Girl!

(we won’t talk about the hair)

Big Girls in more ways than one

17 Responses to “I See London, I See France, I See a Big Girl in Underpants”

1. Lisa March 11, 2008 at 12:17 pm #

The pics may include big girls but the bras only come up to a 38. So that big girl who’s half cut off on the right in this pic, the one who they ran out of tan-in-a-can before getting to, isn’t gonna be able to buy the stuff she’s helping to shill for.

2. TeleriB March 11, 2008 at 12:24 pm #

She’s actually all there in the pic (click on it to see the whole thing); the purple bar gizmo is just covering it up.

3. Leah March 11, 2008 at 12:32 pm #

I think I’m pro this campaign. Allthough, I hope it doesn’t go the way Dove’s “real women” have gone…

4. Judy March 11, 2008 at 1:06 pm #

Oh, I want some! Please tell me they sell online to the US!!

5. Pinkleader March 11, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

How refreshing to see real women modeling, instead of some random ideal. I think they all look fabulous (hair aside), but I wish they all could have put on the confident smile of the gal in yellow. Then again, props to them all for getting out there, because I wouldn’t have.

6. Patia March 11, 2008 at 3:00 pm #

That big girl is gorgeous.

7. Lysana March 11, 2008 at 4:13 pm #

What has me a little sad is that by Internet standards, four of them are the Big Girl. One’s just larger than the other three. I’m pleased they’re doing this by all means, though.

8. Melissa B. March 11, 2008 at 4:32 pm #

Ah Plumcake, you are a woman after my own heart. I too delight in citing the “Page Three Girls” (and really, the British tabloids in general) to my friends who complain about the lack of refinement in American culture when compared to British culture. England, much as I love it, isn’t all Helen Mirren and clotted cream with scones!

9. Angel March 11, 2008 at 5:36 pm #

They all look gorgeous! There’s more than one big girl in that pic. The one on the far left in black could be me and I consider myself a “big girl”.

10. AquaMarine March 11, 2008 at 7:06 pm #

I have to agree with Pinkleader. They should all have big, confident smiles on their faces. Some of them look pained like they know they will be torn and tattered to bits for showing their courage and curves. I personally love it though. I hate seeing bras on B cup models (especially bras made for large cup sizes — I’m HH) as I can never really get a good idea of how it might look on me. Those models are much more realistic for me, and face it, a good supportive bra for a HH-cup is much more important than one for an A-cup who could probably go braless (I’m jealous). And besides, the A-B-C cups have a very large variety of bras to choose from at very good prices I may add. OK, I’ll stop ranting now.

But really, they only go up to a 38? I suppose they only go up to a G-cup too. Arrrgh. Good for Katie though and her choice of models.

11. cheeky March 11, 2008 at 7:47 pm #

I, too, think it’s great that this range of body types is shown, and the girl on the right is far gutsier than I. However, her lack of a smile suggests to me that she is not comfortable up there.

12. Chaser March 11, 2008 at 11:04 pm #

Is this a sign us big girls aren’t fake-baking enough?

13. Peaches March 11, 2008 at 11:22 pm #

I admit that my summer lotion has a tanning agent but I dont end up tropically orange. When will the super tan trend be over?

14. Glen March 12, 2008 at 9:51 am #

Its good to see larger women in ads for stores like this. I must admit when I went to the company website I couldn’t find any lingerie but was impressed with the wide range of products they offer.

15. marjorie March 12, 2008 at 4:10 pm #

“you highly sea-worthy orange nutter you”! ah, plumcake, you slay me.

16. v1rusmak3r January 3, 2009 at 2:27 am #

Thank you for posting such beautiful woman in your post here. Call me a Chubby Chaser, but meat on a woman does a woman make. With that, I will say they are truly the BEST of friends, and the BEST lovers. Yes, I’m a man.

17. Peter Grievik February 18, 2009 at 11:49 am #

Hi there. I am going to check it, since I saw a comment in another site regarding \”Manolo for the Big Girl!\”. Someone related to british candy companies. Thanks anyway.