I See London! | Manolo for the Big Girl

I See London!

OK, Francesca has no idea how many people might show up to this thing — doesn’t England have big girls in it? I have a hard time believing that a society whose national food includes french fries, and who have such lousy weather, are all buff, but whatever — here is the deal:

This Wednesday night, at 8 pm, Francesca will be at the cocktail bar of the President Hotel in Russell Square, reading a book. If any of our readers show up, that will be amazing! You can buy Francesca a drink!

I will tell the bartender that if anyone comes asking for Francesca, to send them my way.

Or, just look for a woman sipping a cosmopolitan and reading books by British  authors, to get her into the atmosphere.

Rule Britannia, Long live the Queen, etc.

6 Responses to “I See London!”

1. the unfashionista March 23, 2008 at 11:39 am #

Perhaps you can toast Miss Surrey, the first plus-sized model to make it to the finals of the Miss England Pageant!

2. Patia March 23, 2008 at 3:17 pm #

Oh, damn. I thought this was going to be a post about underpants.

What say you? I’m in the market for some sexy skivvies. How about a wrap-up of lingerie purveyors for the big girl?

3. Gingembre March 23, 2008 at 3:40 pm #

Oh, if I had the money to be going out, I would be there for sure. But I live an hour away from London and the trains they are expensive. *mourn*

4. M March 24, 2008 at 12:18 pm #

M is currently residing in her countryside abode (aka parents’ house) where her mum won’t let her go back to London until she’s gotten over her cold!

Well, if no-one goes, at least you’ll be enjoying a nice drink and a good read.

5. The_Betsy March 25, 2008 at 11:22 am #

I hope Francesca has the chance to hit Evans http://www.evans.co.uk, which is sort of like a British Lane Bryant. The big girls do have a store over there! They carry clothing AND shoes/boots in the larger/wider sizes (they also ship to the U.S., but it costs a fortune). Also, there is a plus department at Harrod’s, but I could only waft through there pretending that I could afford everything but wanted nothing (whereas the opposite was true). Have fun!

6. The_Betsy March 25, 2008 at 11:23 am #

Sorry about the extra comma after the web address! Go to http://www.evans.co.uk