27 (prom) Dresses #10 | Manolo for the Big Girl

27 (prom) Dresses #10

Another little gem from Coldwater Creek, this dress is cute for the teenage girl, without having a color that is cloying like some of the other girly-girly dresses do. Available in sizes 6-16 and Petite 6-16.

13 Responses to “27 (prom) Dresses #10”

1. Mimi Stratton March 30, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

a teenage girl would probably die before she wore something from coldwatercreek, a store that markets to women of a certain age. but be that as it may, I did think the dress was pretty. I find that one has to be careful of the quality of coldwatercreek, particularly in their use of fabrics. I tend to stay away from the shiny materials, like the one in this item.

2. aliceo March 30, 2008 at 2:21 pm #

Nothing to do do with the topic, but I thought you might be interested in the Fug Girls’ take on Vogue’s “Shape” Issue:

3. m March 30, 2008 at 5:22 pm #

just a prom dress thought – many of the retro rockabilly sites carry dresses that go to 1-3x like this http://www.daddyos.com/retro/so15.html
    they are not too pricey especially wehn compared to prom dress prices

4. Noe March 31, 2008 at 5:53 am #

I agree with Mimi Stratton. Young girls would so not wear this.

I fear you Manolo ladies are not hitting the fat fashion mark as of late with this dress and the weekends sandal suggestions.

But I still loves yas!

5. Carol March 31, 2008 at 8:18 am #

Sold out and no longer available…

6. Chiken March 31, 2008 at 11:34 am #

Looks like a bridesmaid dress, yet again. Not for prom.

7. Jenny March 31, 2008 at 5:03 pm #

I just had my prom last year and I like this dress! I would have killed to find a nice princess seam cut dress that wasn’t pastel, covered in sequined flowers and built like an enormous cupcake. As it was, I had to go the route of apple shape+ empire waist just to have straps wide enough to wear a bra under. Lots of young girls look for, and wear, dresses to prom that are simple, inexpensive and can easily be worn again. ie) the dress above. :D

8. JaneC April 1, 2008 at 12:46 pm #

Mimi Stratton– I think you may be wrong about teenage girls not wanting to order from Coldwater Creek. Yes, they market to women of a certain age, but if aforesaid teenage girl is of a size and shape that means absolutely nothing from the Juniors department of her local store will ever fit her properly and look nice (and she has the sense to realize this), she soon becomes desperate enough to try anything, even if it means she keeps the source of her clothes secret from her friends.

I know, because I was that girl. My mom bought my first dress from Coldwater Creek catalogue for me when I was 13–for my eighth-grade “graduation”–and I continued to wear clothes from them throughout high school. Now in my mid-20s, a lot of them still fit me and look nice. We were just careful to pick out things that didn’t look like I was borrowing stuff from my mom.

9. Jenaee Johnson July 9, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

Thats a great looking dress. Its probably appropriate as a prom dress or even a bridesmaid dress.

10. Bari Jay July 11, 2008 at 6:29 pm #

Looks more like a bridesmaid dresses than a prom dress. Most girls prefer their prom dresses a little more elegant.

11. Prom Dresses August 12, 2008 at 9:18 am #

These are the good looking dresses. I think these are more likely rather than the prom dresses.

12. Wholesale Designer Clothing August 26, 2008 at 8:36 am #

I think this is the excellent collection of dresses. I like it

13. georgia October 3, 2008 at 5:51 pm #

what is everyone talking about? at my prom loads of girls wore dresses like these and they looked 10 times better in these dresses than the poofy ones. this is what all the teenage girls want now.