27 (prom) Dresses #18 | Manolo for the Big Girl

27 (prom) Dresses #18

The pickup skirt is “in” these days among many designers. Though the huge, busy skirt is not usually in Francesca’s taste, she must admit that, in this case, the Olive color and the pickup skirt together give the dress a rich texture of which Francesca approves. If it were pink it would Not Work, but in olive it works well.

9 Responses to “27 (prom) Dresses #18”

1. gabrielle April 5, 2008 at 9:58 pm #

Now THAT is definitely a great prom dress. The pick-up skirt is fantastic. However, I tried one on in Jessica McClintock and it felt like I was moving in chain mail armor. The skirt seriously weighs a ton, unless they’ve re-wired it. But what’s beauty without pain, right? Good exercise.

2. Eilish April 6, 2008 at 1:10 am #

LOVE that dress! If only I was still in high school…oh, wait, I hated high school. Oh well, I still love the dress.

3. colleen April 7, 2008 at 8:26 pm #

I have to disagree with the love for this dress. Those things always look like melting cupcakes to me, particularly wedding dresses in white.

4. Nariya April 8, 2008 at 12:54 am #

hah! i’m glad i’m not the only one who thinks of melting cupcakes. i personally don’t object to other people wearing the style; it’s not my thing…. but the important bit here is being reminded of melting cupcakes! in other words, cupcakes that need to be eaten! right away!

5. bethgirl April 9, 2008 at 11:58 am #

My friend wore a dress very similar to this, in purple. For her wedding!

It was truly stunning.

6. Steiff Bears July 14, 2008 at 3:45 pm #

stieff bear

7. Reverse Phone Lookup November 18, 2010 at 10:56 am #

with the real estate market hopefully picking up perhaps I will hire a new assistant and have time to maintain with my blog