Is it wrong that I want to wear these to church? | Manolo for the Big Girl

Is it wrong that I want to wear these to church?

These shoes exist. That much I know.  They are from the 2008 Spring/Summer collection from Valentino Garavani and I love them and they DO exist.

The problem is, I do not know where to find them.

They’re boutique-only and the closest Valentino boutique is 200 miles away in Dallas. Each time I try to call the Valentino boutique I end up getting the curiously-named Valentino Chinese Restaurant.

It is extremely unlikely that a Chinese restaurant smack-dab in the middle of the city that proves money can’t buy taste  actually could help me find a pair of satin demi-d’orsays with jewel-encrusted  serpents,  although perhaps not as unlikely as it is to find a Chinese restaurant named “Valentino.”

Plumcake wants in the WORST way

This is not a shoe everyone will love, but coming from a girl who wears a lot of black dresses and shed actual human tears when she found a pair of Valentino’s from Mr Garavani’s farewell collection, they are to die for.  Not sure how much they cost but I figure they’ll be about $1200 or –to put it another way– about half the amount I’ll spend on gas to get up there.

19 Responses to “Is it wrong that I want to wear these to church?”

1. Barthway April 10, 2008 at 1:54 pm #

You can only wear them to church when Genesis rolls around in the Lessons again, though, right? ‘Cause otherwise they’d be liturgically incorrect.

2. cheeky April 10, 2008 at 2:34 pm #

Yeah, those aren’t church shoes, but they sure are beautiful. It’s too bad the heels are too high for me to wear. Damn ankles.

3. Bridey April 10, 2008 at 2:36 pm #

Barthway is right — with the right reading, you could be a walking illustration of striking at the serpent’s head while it strikes at your heel — or toes, in this case.

4. Alyssa April 10, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

I’d wear those shoes everywhere. All the time. (And it depends on your church – at my Grandma’s church, they’d be trying to snatch them off your feet for themselves…)

5. FrauBucher April 10, 2008 at 3:45 pm #

Quell’horreur! They are of the serpent!

6. La Petite Acadienne April 10, 2008 at 3:50 pm #

Wear shoes like that, and you’ll be too tired from your fabulous Saturday-night-shenanigans to even worry about getting up for church on Sunday.

There are shoes that you wear, and shoes that you need to live up to. Those are the latter. And I love them.

7. gemdiva April 10, 2008 at 4:02 pm #

WOW WOW WOWOW WOW WOW! You can wear these to spend a depraved night in the French Quarter, then have coffee at Cafe Du Monde and be extremely well shod as you stumble into mass at St. Louis, all without going home to change.

8. Violet April 10, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

I LOVE THEM.

9. teteatete April 10, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

Get thee on the highway, Plumcake!

10. Christina April 10, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

I live in Dallas. I’ll go downtown (or where ever, probably up near the Galleria on the northside) to get them for you.

And I won’t even charge what you’d spend in gas. (c;

11. Angel April 10, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

Gorgeous shoes! I think gemdiva’s escapade would be just the right thing for such sinfully delicious shoes. ;)

12. Chaser April 10, 2008 at 9:43 pm #

My goodness that is one naughty shoe.

13. roya April 10, 2008 at 11:34 pm #

Must be from Hong Kong, I’ve known several Chinese boys with the English name Valentino, also an Armani and a Giordano…

gorgeous shoes

14. happyapple April 10, 2008 at 11:55 pm #

Oh, wow. Those are kind of amazing. Like something Cruella Deville or Karen Walker or a similar sassy disgustingly wealthy woman would wear.

15. Angel April 11, 2008 at 10:01 am #

The Dallas boutique phone number is listed on the website as (214)750-5707.

16. Style Spy April 11, 2008 at 10:25 am #

I have the number for the boutique if you need it, she said in her best serpent-in-the-garden voice. And also the name of a wonderful SA to chat with. All you have to do is ask…

MWAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!

17. Plumcake April 11, 2008 at 10:35 am #

GET THE BEHIND ME SATAN! And while you’re there, would you mind zipping me up?

18. Peaches April 11, 2008 at 6:23 pm #

Im with gemdiva (and willing to be your super-fantastic sister)! I say we all order the most divinely decadent shoes and meet in the quarter for a frolicking good weekend!

19. littlem April 13, 2008 at 5:42 pm #

New Year’s? Yes. Blue Note when Chick or Miri plays? Yes. Mardi Gras? Yes.

Church?

Um.

Well.

Perhaps, as some said upthread, in New Orleans — but only if you’d been up all night the night before…