You asked for it: Trench Coats! | Manolo for the Big Girl

You asked for it: Trench Coats!

Internet friend Chris wrote to us:

Oh style and fashion Guru Francesca-

Can you help a girl find a cute/fun/fashionable trench coat, about 3/4 length, for a birthday trip to the big city (NYC) at the end of April? The only style seen in the capital city (DC) is run of the mill “London Fog” type.

Francesca is happy to recommend several styles from the superfantastic plus-size offerings at the Nordstrom! Nothing “foggy” here in any way!

Leopard print by Jones New York

Iridescent ruffled coat by the Calvin Klein! Francesca likes!

Coat with faux-leather piping by Gallery Track.

Satin trench coat by DKNY. Francesca likes!

11 Responses to “You asked for it: Trench Coats!”

1. teteatete April 16, 2008 at 11:03 am #

I saw the pink satin trench from DKNY at a local Nordstrom last week and it is even lovelier in person than in the picture!

2. Peaches April 16, 2008 at 2:04 pm #

My Nordstrom box just arrived holding the Calvin Klein ruffled trench. Mine is 3x, black. It runs a tad large and will have to be traded for a 2x. Yes, it is lovely. The olive color is surprisingly attractive too.

Im headed to NYC for a week of fun and will try on ALL the lovely trenches!!!

3. Julia April 16, 2008 at 5:47 pm #

Yay! I was just looking for trench coats today.

4. Jenna April 17, 2008 at 1:21 am #

I love, LOVE my blue-green DKNY trench from a past season (a lucky Dillard’s find in SF when I was visiting my sister.) I would never have thought that I could wear a trench coat. To my surprise, it turned out to be one of those classic items that I can see myself still wearing 10 years from now. When I put it on, I feel very glamorous and put-together. It’s the ultimate travel item too- looks great with jeans or can be thrown on over an LBD.

I am thinking a little vanity sizing was at work when it was made though- they run a little big. YMMV.

5. Mimi Stratton April 17, 2008 at 7:54 am #

So glad you featured single-breasted varieties. I bought a white trench this season (Gallery, Nordstrom) and I feel very chic as I walk the streets of Washington, D.C.

6. JRho April 17, 2008 at 8:21 am #

I saw a woman wearing the pink satin trench by DKNY this morning on the metro. Yay for superfantasticness in the mornings!

7. Chicklet April 17, 2008 at 12:06 pm #

Perhaps some of the coats are cut a little big to make it easier to layer clothing underneath? Not the mad layering the magazines were suggesting a few months ago (cami + two lightweight henleys + cardigan = Michelin Man), but more of the tee-plus-cardigan thing.

8. Grace April 19, 2008 at 5:25 pm #

In addition to these lovely coats, I would also suggest checking out your local Target, of all places. I picked up a gorgeous trenchcoat (size 24) that is brown and white polka dot. Target still has the same trench on their website, but only in the navy. For reasons passing understanding, my local Target had 3 of the brown/white coats in the clearance section – for $30 each.

9. Peaches April 20, 2008 at 8:54 pm #

Ok, Ive returned the lovely Calvin Klein ruffle trench because it was just too big. After swearing that Id get a solid black trench, Ive purchased the most beautiful zebra print one from Bloomies. Its a Jones New York and its quite spectacular!

Im off to check out that crazy convertible dress at Monif C. then on to a frozen hot chocolate!

Just a thought…Its much easier to be happy with ones size when there are beautiful clothes that fit and are easily available. Shopping in NYC always gives me a boost!

10. Karen May 22, 2008 at 4:04 pm #

I know this is an old post, but I was reading the archives through and it’s a little irritating – the coats after the (very lovely) ruffled Calvin Klein trench are hidden by the sidebar. Is there any way to fix that?

11. Dave September 5, 2008 at 3:52 pm #

Hey, would you like to submit comments and backlinks to millions of blogs automatically? Blog Comment Poster will do it for you. Blog Comment Poster will increase your traffic, backlinks and earnings dramatically! Sounds cool? Yes, it is cool! It’s the best automated comments posting tool on the Internet with many advanced features. Check it out!