Boutique store for the Tall girl! | Manolo for the Big Girl

Boutique store for the Tall girl!

Francesca tries to remember that “Big Girl” can refer not only to the woman of generous tummy or hips, but also to the Girl of Great Height.

Our friend Genevieve has turned our attention to LongLegs.ca, a boutique store in Canada for the Tall Girl, which has an online catalogue!  And they have extra-special security and extra-special personal attention; Genevieve writes:

A friend of mine ordered something from the site. They don’t take credit cards over the Internet. You place your order, and then they call you, talk to you about what you bought, help you make sure you bought the right sizes (it’s a small boutique, and they just started selling online…the people who you talk to also do the ordering for the actual store), and then take your credit card info over the phone. She said they were very helpful, particularly with sizing.

Happy shopping!

xoxo

6 Responses to “Boutique store for the Tall girl!”

1. bobbie-sue April 23, 2008 at 10:38 am #

ayyyy how frustrating and ironic that the pants are all 2″ too long on the model. I guess that’s to give the tall girl confidence that they won’t be too short on her?

2. Genevieve April 23, 2008 at 6:46 pm #

Bobbie-Sue: I know! I found it irritating that they used the same model for most things, even if they didn’t look so great on her…but the coat my friend bought is to die for. Of course, Francesa would probably say that this is where one’s friendship with the seamstress comes in handy (or one’s own skills!)

3. Diane April 24, 2008 at 12:57 am #

Thank you so much for this site! I’m no longer a big girl around the middle, but I’m still nearly checking in at six feet tall (and I don’t expect that to change for another few decades at least!) I’m also in Canada, so I’ll probably be able to get a great deal on shipping.

Thanks again for the fabulous find! Jeans that I’d need to have hemmed! This is such a novelty! I have a 35″ inseam, and some of theirs go up to (gasp) 38″. I’m flabbergasted. :D

4. Jelly April 24, 2008 at 8:04 am #

I think I passed a store similar to this on my way home a few days ago, called ‘Tall Girl’. It’s on Queen St. in Ottawa, if you’re ever visiting the Canadian capital for one reason or another. No website as of yet, though.

5. ald April 24, 2008 at 10:36 am #

addition elle is also selling tall pants if I remember well in canada (and online too for the US)

6. Diane April 24, 2008 at 10:53 am #

Jelly – Tall Girl is great for staples and “boring” clothes, but they’ve never had particularly cute or stylish apparel. It’s a good place to buy things like khakis, plain white blouses, etc, but their selection of dresses and dressier slacks has always been kind of lacking whenever I’ve been able to go.