A Word about the Yoox Sale | Manolo for the Big Girl

A Word about the Yoox Sale

Kowalski boot

11 Responses to “A Word about the Yoox Sale”

1. teteatete May 14, 2008 at 2:45 pm #

LOL

2. teteatete May 14, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

Nooo, it ate the heart I had made… anyway it was a *heart* you, Plumcake!

3. Brittany May 14, 2008 at 3:15 pm #

oh i’m a sad person. i saw those and imediately thought FUN! and then i read your disapproval and started DESPERATELY trying to come up with outfit ideas that would make them work. and then it hit me, god, i really am my mother.

4. daisyj May 14, 2008 at 4:18 pm #

That word, it is well-chosen.

5. Annalucia May 14, 2008 at 4:20 pm #

The Annalucia has been trying to imagine a situation in which these boots would be appropriate. So far the closest she can come is “pole dancer performing at NASCAR meet.”

6. Jennie May 14, 2008 at 9:58 pm #

They would work at a Texas Bluegrass Festival or Rodeo, other than that??? Plant geraniums in them and they become yard art in the trailer park.
    Oh! FYI, unless you want shoes or accessories or you are an XXL with a waist under 30″ and hips under 40″ YOOX has nothing for you. Where did they get their sizing system?

7. Chaser May 15, 2008 at 10:11 am #

Well, you can buy shoes and handbags–the normal fare for the big girl. I admit these are ugly, but…I kind of like them anyway. I think it’s because there are a lot of drab dressers where I work that anything with color makes me go “Golly! Color” no matter how heinous in reality.

8. JadedKitten May 15, 2008 at 2:59 pm #

I had a nightmare about those boots last night. I can’t remember what specifically happened, but the villain de nuit was wearing them… it was often the only thing I saw of him/her.

I’m not making that up, I promise.

9. AmazonAngelle May 15, 2008 at 3:11 pm #

As I am in a costume making spree here lately (upcoming ren faires and conventions) these would be awesome for a Cowgirl Wonder Woman kind of thing. Big black cowboy hat, red beater with the WW logo, dirty wash jeans and those boots and a lasso! In actual life though yeah…no.

10. Miss Lou May 15, 2008 at 11:19 pm #

My eyes!! My eyes!!

11. ChristianeF May 21, 2008 at 7:21 am #

Sometimes there is a reason things are on sale. Like now. *shudder*