Francesca continues in her quest to catch up on reader emails . . .
I’ve been reading your blog (Manolo for the Big Girl) since it started, and I love seeing the plus-size clothes. I would love to actually buy some of these fabulous clothes, but I live in
Australiaand so many of the websites listed only ship to US addresses (HolyClothing.com is one of the few exceptions). I saw your post on the Woman Within sale and got all excited about buying something … then found they don’t ship to Australia.
Do you know of any other reasonably-priced online stores catering to plus-size pears from Australia?
This is one of many, many similar emails we have received from readers all over the world who are not lucky enough to live in the USA — and Francesca calls US residents “lucky” in this context because being a Big Girl and finding plus-size clothing outside of the United States is even more difficult than inside. Francesca knows.
So Francesca has compiled a list of almost 40 online vendors of large-size clothing, which ship to countries outside of the United States (as well as to US addresses)!
- Always for Me – Ship to over 50 countries; check website for the list
- B and Lu
- Bigger Bras – ship to Canada, Western and Northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
- Bravissimo – based in London. Ship worldwide.
- Coldwater Creek
- Dress By Design
- Fashion Overdose
- Fig Leaves – US site does not ship internationally, but the British site ships worldwide.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood – ship to Canada
- Holy Clothing – Free shipping on all orders worldwide.
- Igigi – Ships to Canada, Australia, UK, and EU. Outside those areas, email the company to inquire whether they can ship to you.
- J.C. Penney – Ship to most countries. See website for details.
- J. Crew – ships to Canada and Japan, and is in process of adding more countries.
- Land’s End
- Lane Bryant – Ship to Canada, but no other international orders
- Make Your Own Jeans
- Making It Big
- Maximum Woman – based in Toronto, ships internationally around the world.
- Monif C.
- Persephone Plus – Gothic clothing
- Reality Plus Clothing
- Saks Fifth Avenue – International shipping is limited to a few countries. Call 1-800-7257-7257 (from outside the US) to find out whether your country is one of them.
- Silhouettes – one must contact the company to check for availability of international shipping to one’s area
- Size Appeal
- Sydney’s Closet – for $53 (!!!) will ship to Canada and “select other countries around the world.” See website for details.
- Swimsuits for All
- Swimsuits Just for Us – ship to Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand
- Women Suits – ship to most international destinations
- Zaftique – For non-US/Canadian address, item must be in stock for order to be shipped.
A few caveats:
1- Francesca does not claim this list to be exhaustive. Please feel free to add more in the comments!
2- Although all these sites ship internationally, one may not be able to order through the site as easily as an American resident. One may, for example, have to call or email ahead to find out how much shipping will cost to one’s own particular country, and express/rush shipping usually is not available.
3- Shipping rates to other countries vary widely from site to site, and never include customs taxes or import fees at the receiving end, which can be exhorbitant. Francesca highly recommends having items shipped to an American friend whenever possible, and having the friend ship the clothing to you in open packages, so that they are “used.” Remember also that return shipping will take longer and add to your costs.
4- Almost every site located in the US will ship to the US and to all its territories. However, if you live in Alaska, Hawaii, a US holding/territory, or have an APO/FPO or Rural Route address, then check the shipping policies carefully, as they differ widely; but, probably, Francesca did not have to tell you this!
5- When in doubt about shipping policies, check on the websites under “Ordering and Returns,” “Shipping,” or “Customer Service” for details. Information about international possibilities may be buried deep within the site, but they are there.