Hello Gorgeous! Ferragamo Friday! | Manolo for the Big Girl

Hello Gorgeous! Ferragamo Friday!

Remember last week when we were talking about aging into things? For me, Ferragamo is one of those brands that I’ll still have to age into. I was at the symphony a few weeks ago and somehow lucked into to the Founders’ Circle. It was nothing but a parade of fantastically aged matrons in their St. John suits and Ferragamo flats and it was fabulous. The flats are just a little too close to home in their WASPiness for me to wear them personally. It’s just a little too literal. I drive a luxury vehicle and can metabolize gin like a anamatronic sailor, I don’t need any more social signifiers, thanks.
Mmm Ferragamo!THESE however, these are shoes you can wear until you’re dead. They are Not Cheap and I’m always hesitant on recommending fabric shoes because they’re just not at hearty as their leather counterparts but they are classic classic classic. The color is gorgeous, the cut is flattering on the foot and although the heel does tend towards the slender side, it’s “only” three inches so it’s not like you’ll be teetering around like a stilt-walker with an inner ear infection whenever you walk across the room.

Happy Weekend Everybody!

10 Responses to “Hello Gorgeous! Ferragamo Friday!”

1. Twistie June 27, 2008 at 10:58 am #

Actually, since I’ve been known to fall off my heels when wearing flats, I would stagger like a stilt-walker with an inner ear infection in these.

Still, I will happily admire them on someone else’s feet. They are quite gracefully cut and the color is beyond divine.

2. Karen B. June 27, 2008 at 1:12 pm #

My mother loves her Ferragamos – especially the flats. She keeps trying to get me into them and I politely decline while my inner voice cries, “NOOOO!”

Pretty color but I’m still not ready.

3. Nemtynakht June 27, 2008 at 2:00 pm #

Please do not think you must age into Ferragamo! The Ferragamo Audrey is one of the cutest and most practical shoes ever made. I have it in black cloth and black (faux) croc skin both, and I don’t think I have any other black flats. I even wore them with my suit on job interviews, successfully, and they’re so comfortable. And did I mention adorable? Love them.

4. AmazonPrincess June 27, 2008 at 4:37 pm #

*sighs*
    So pretty… but even if I had the moolah to get them, alas, they would not fit.
    The curse of size 12.

5. Abigail June 27, 2008 at 4:47 pm #

That is indeed a gorgeous shoe, but to my eye would not look good on most big girls. Too delicate, too prone to foot bulge. Whenever I try on shoes like that I feel like the dancing hippos from Fantasia. But I am not one of The Big Girls blessed of shapely legs.

6. VerseFameBeauty June 27, 2008 at 5:44 pm #

Ooooh they are lovely. More than rent + utilities combined, but sooo lovely.

7. Brooke June 27, 2008 at 9:41 pm #

Those are breathtakingly beautiful. I love both the shape and color.

8. Leah June 28, 2008 at 8:50 am #

There’s a second hand shop in Northwest DC that is full of high-end clothes one needs to age into (like the great wine) rather more than I have so I don’t shop there often, but I do check in every once and awhile for the shoes. Normally I am no fan of second-hand shoes, broken in to someone else’s differently shaped feet, but for $40, barely worn ferragamos, I will make an exception. Yes, perhaps many of them suit a more mature foot than mine, but I have found several pairs that are great with suits and are, as always, beautifully made.

9. Eilish June 30, 2008 at 2:22 am #

Those are gorgeous! ‘Nuff said.

10. steph August 18, 2008 at 9:18 am #

I am 20, with a pair of ferragamo varas in patent leather
    love them soo much, as a shop assistant they are great, saw them on gossip girl, so i think i am not wearing ‘mum’ shoes, but beautiful stylish icons of style- like the chanel flat.
    v. expensive tho… :s