La Dolce Feet-a (Get it? Get it?! sigh.) | Manolo for the Big Girl

La Dolce Feet-a (Get it? Get it?! sigh.)

God, I love Dolce. I am SO not the Dolce and Gabbana girl, but I love that they’re so unapologetically va-va-voom. They’re over-the-top and fun and they don’t even begin to care. I’ve got to say their Spring/Summer 2009 show reminds me more than a bit of  La Maestra’s Fall/Winter 2008 show (which was a triumph) but younger, kickier and um, in pajamas.

See?

Natasha Poly in Dolce and Gabbana’s opening piece for S/S RTW 2009

Love. It.

Anyway, as much fun as the clothes are –and clothes are always more fun in times of economic turmoil– I want to draw your attention to the shoes. These? These are Fun Shoes. Not necessarily in the best of taste, I wouldn’t wear them to a funeral (I already have Dedicated Funeral Shoes, they’re Armani) BUT how can you not feel happy –if perhaps a little unstable– with these on your feet?

channeling Prada Love theseThere’s No Place Like Studio 54Can’t have Dolce without a little tribal motifWant theseNEED These

Happy Weekend everybody, and, as a special note for the bazillions of people invading my fair city for the Austin City Limits Music Festival or the UT/Arkansas game…YOU KIDS GET OFFA MY LAWN!

7 Responses to “La Dolce Feet-a (Get it? Get it?! sigh.)”

1. SusanC September 26, 2008 at 4:02 pm #

Ouch! As pun-ishment, Fellini ghost will no doubt haunt you, forcing you to wear the ones best suited to a tranny hooker with a Wizard of Oz fetish. Smashing with a gingham pleather mini dress…

2. Plumcake September 26, 2008 at 5:45 pm #

Wee! I think Marc Jacobs did one this season!

3. Cassie September 26, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

I would never – COULD never – wear them, but I . . . I have sinned in my heart with the third pair (the sequins-with-black-lace-overlay) and the fourth pair (with the sadly embiggening ankle strap in that divine pseudo-wood-bark shininess.

I have no place to wear them, and couldn’t afford them if I did, but . . . I want them to wear around the house, so I can look at my feet in wonder and delight.

4. Tellicherry September 26, 2008 at 10:45 pm #

“La Dolce Feet-a (Get it? Get it? sigh.)”

Yes, we get it. We not all Philistines, you know.

5. Ruby Soho September 27, 2008 at 1:31 am #

But, but Prospective Boyfriend and I were so planning on parking on your lawn. It’d be closer than wherever we do end up parking. Darn tourists!

And what is up with the next to last ones? Did they not have her size, because it totally looks like she’s hanging off the back of them. But I do love the third pair for my hooker Dorothy of Oz costume.

6. toomuchstuff September 27, 2008 at 11:36 am #

the shoes are great! I especially love the red ones. Very nice 40s vibe to some of them.

But for the love of sweetness and light and kittens everywhere, that bathrobe-like thingy is horrible. It adds a ton of unnecessary bulk, it turns you into a big satiny blob, and it has nothing of the lovely curves and advantages of which plus-sized women need to avail themselves. Sweet Jesus, I hope I don’t look like that when I’m getting out of the *shower.*

7. Bree September 30, 2008 at 7:47 pm #

I’d wear the third pair if I could actually walk in them. My feet are flat and I have no arch, so anything higher than a 1 inch heel is dangerous on me.