Twistie’s Sunday Caption Madness: The Renaissance Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

Twistie’s Sunday Caption Madness: The Renaissance Edition

You all know how this works. I post a pic, you send your best captions in via comments, and next week I declare a winner. Between the proximity to Halloween, my personal fondness for Renaissance Faires (hey, that’s where I met Mr. Twistie!), and…well…really I just liked this pic and wanted to see what it would inspire…so here it is:

Shakespearian Speech

Ready…set…snark!

20 Responses to “Twistie’s Sunday Caption Madness: The Renaissance Edition”

1. gemdiva October 26, 2008 at 1:58 pm #

“Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!”

2. AmazonPrincess October 26, 2008 at 3:06 pm #

“I don’t care if she’s the bloody Queen of England, purple is my color!”

3. gemdiva October 26, 2008 at 3:52 pm #

And now presenting for your amusement the first ever performance of the chicken dance.

4. gemdiva October 26, 2008 at 3:53 pm #

And now,lords and ladies, presenting for your amusement, the first ever performance of the chicken dance.

5. Wendy October 26, 2008 at 5:21 pm #

“Purple unflatteringe to Redde heads?” cried Lady Penelope. “Why, thou canst see how well my swelling alabaster Bosome looks under their combined influence! Speak not such Nonnesense to me in future, or look to thine neck!”

6. Fabrisse October 26, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

What do you mean it’s not period?

7. Fenny October 26, 2008 at 7:51 pm #

Hopeful candidates for the open auditions for the live version of Shrek begin queuing.

8. Bree October 26, 2008 at 8:59 pm #

We can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    ‘Cause your friends don’t dance and if they don’t dance
    Well they’re no friends of mine…safety dance…

9. Kathy October 26, 2008 at 10:34 pm #

HAHAHA… Ah, the safety dance…

I laughed…

10. oliviacw October 27, 2008 at 12:39 am #

“Yes, my sonar range is excellent. The mosquito is six feet behind your left shoulder.”

11. Nomie October 27, 2008 at 1:39 am #

The red-crested purple dilophosaurus, seen here in its natural habitat, is noted for its habit of exposing its neck and flaring its ear-flaps in order to attract a mate. Let’s observe!

12. Sarah October 27, 2008 at 3:21 am #

Dost thou callest a shrew?

13. Despina October 27, 2008 at 9:57 am #

“Uh, that’s LADY Barney to you, peasant!”

14. Leah October 27, 2008 at 10:35 am #

As Gwennie admired the blacksmith’s smoking hot… iron… she knew it was worth the price of admission.

15. bookgirl October 28, 2008 at 1:35 am #

“Who dost thou calleth a wench, prithee?”

16. Jelly October 28, 2008 at 7:13 am #

“For I am the Purple Fairy, and none shall gainsay my right, nay, my privilege in wearing what hat I do desire to!”

17. AmazonAngelle October 28, 2008 at 5:53 pm #

“Don’t forget to bring back that shrubbery!”

18. Margo October 29, 2008 at 6:02 pm #

Oh, Honey, no. The purple is fine: that whole thing about it only being for the Queen is a Ren faire myth. But Princess seams on a bodice are totally wrong, as are metal grommets. And get some steel boning, not that plastic stuff, so the girls will sit up, not ooze out. Your smock, which you probably call a chemise, has the neck and wrists gathered into drawstring casings, or is that elastic? Either way, wrong! Get a nice square necked smock. And what’s that on your head? It looks like a snood mated with an attifet…upside down.

Oops. I don’t think that’s really the kind of snark you had in mind. Sorry for slipping into Costume Police mode.

19. Twistie October 29, 2008 at 6:35 pm #

That’s perfectly fine, Margo. It’s not the sort of caption I was looking for, but it certainly tickled my funny bone and echoed a lot of thoughts I had when I first found it.

Besides, I’m sure Plumcake will take heart at learning that even we history geek girls can Honey, no with the best of them.

20. Babs October 30, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

Margo said:

“”And what’s that on your head? It looks like a snood mated with an attifet…upside down.””

To me, it looks like a Tudor era “french hood” worn FAR FAR too far back on the head because,you know, we want to show off the bangs.

/costume geek

Actual caption:
    “Wot, wot! Is that a pickle merchant I have espied!!!!!???? QUICK! Fetch me my coinpurse!”

(which may be too much of an ‘In joke’ for non-ren faire goers….)