Hey Andrea, When Does The Peasant Shooting Begin? | Manolo for the Big Girl

Hey Andrea, When Does The Peasant Shooting Begin?

Every decent Southern Lady of Breeding (we will not use the unfortunate acronym) knows that a bride-to-be is nevuh, nevuh congratulated on her match.

She is complimented, she is wished well, but our pretty little tongues would fall out of our equally pretty haids if we so much as thought of uttering “the C word.

So it is with great joy (but absolutely no congratulations) that we wish our own oft-commenting Andrea S. the greatest of happiness and the deepest of joy.

(best of luck, you giant nerds)

12 Responses to “Hey Andrea, When Does The Peasant Shooting Begin?”

1. VerseFameBeauty November 7, 2008 at 7:09 pm #

I was very surprised to only hear one ‘Huzzah’ :-)
    Great video. My very best wishes as well.

2. Roya November 8, 2008 at 4:21 am #

That was great the snark from her majesty was hysterical

3. Ben Ostrowsky November 8, 2008 at 1:58 pm #

Clearly I lack breeding. What message would the Southern bride-to-be have received if I had been so tacky as to congratulate her on her fortune?

4. Twistie November 8, 2008 at 2:51 pm #

Andrea S, I wish you all joy and good fortune! Of course, you’ve already got a strapping man in a kilt, which means you’re halfway there.

Oh, and don’t forget that there’s plenty of excellent advice and pretties to drool over at Manolo for the Brides, hint, hint.

5. Olivia November 8, 2008 at 6:05 pm #

That is absolutely wonderful.

A part of me would love to get engaged at the Renaissance Faire.

6. Margo November 8, 2008 at 8:11 pm #

Mazel Tov!

7. Carol November 9, 2008 at 1:03 pm #

Ben,
    I may not be able to articulate the concept very well, but congratulations would imply that effort was needed; and perhaps suprise that the lucky bride “landed” such a good prize. Every decent Southern Lady of Breeding, of course, deserves a Prince Charming; it is the groom that must strive for such a fine lady and is lucky to get her.

8. casablancabride November 9, 2008 at 6:33 pm #

That was adorable.

9. rabrab November 10, 2008 at 12:36 am #

What Carol said is pretty much what I was taught, as well, and let me add it wasn’t only a Southern Thing; I was born and raised in Northern Illinois. But that was the gist of it: the groom is congratulated for his fortune in persuading such a prize to marry him; congratulating the bride implied that she had done well in getting a man. Sexist as hell, when you think about it.

10. Andrea S. November 18, 2008 at 2:03 pm #

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your well wishes and kind words. I can’t even tell you how excited I was to see that you guys had posted up about Sonny’s (the groom-to-be) proposal to me – he deserves mad props for a breathtaking proposal that caught me completely by surprise. (Yes, I am apparently a blind fool, but certainly a happy one!).

I so appreciate you posting this up – you guys are the best. Thanks for an amazing blog that always keeps me laughing and smiling. THANK YOU!

11. Private Krankenversicherung Vergleich December 1, 2008 at 8:27 am #

Finde den Artikel excelent. Merci :-)