I Am THISCLOSE to Experiencing Human Emotion. | Manolo for the Big Girl

I Am THISCLOSE to Experiencing Human Emotion.

Are you dying? Because I am dying.

Frye Marta Pebbled T Strap Pump
DEAD.

I…it’s just…they’re so…I just don’t even have the words for how perfect a shoe this is. It’s…it’s…okay, I have to go pee now.

Honestly, if you had told me this was the cover image of a costume institute auction book, I would believe you. but they’re not, they’re FRYE’S! So your feet will wear out before these will.

Do you see that heel? The architectural curve of the breast (shoegeek trivia: the forward-facing part of the heel is known as the breast) the way the gathers at the quarter lend texture and perfectly foil the sleek heel. Plus they’ve got a 3/4″ hidden platform so they’re totally wearable.

It’s like that time in college when I woke up really early and went to the dining hall as soon as it opened, expecting to be alone with my waffle, only to discover that the men’s swim team was there too, and the heater was broken and on way too high so they’d all taken off their shirts.

God

Okay, so how much?

You’re going to die!

Use coupon code EARLYGIFT for an extra 30% off. Seriously, it’s cost me more to get shoes FIXED.

9 Responses to “I Am THISCLOSE to Experiencing Human Emotion.”

1. Barbara November 13, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

It costs you $188 to get your shoes fixed??? Geesh. I’m glad I don’t live where you are!

2. Heather November 13, 2008 at 9:00 pm #

OH MY GOD I LOVE THOSE SHOES! Sorry for the shouting but wow those are hot. Thanks for the post!

3. Carol November 14, 2008 at 8:54 am #

All that’s listed is “original price” and that’s $188. Way out of my budget, especially this time of year. They’re lovely, though, aren’t they! And who can’t use another pair of grey shoes?

4. Katharine November 14, 2008 at 10:01 am #

Sigh. I’m not even going to go look, because there’s no way this beauty ships to Canada.

5. Plumcake November 14, 2008 at 11:10 am #

Au contraire! They ship to tout le monde! Groovy, eh?

6. midcentury muffin November 15, 2008 at 12:56 pm #

I have to disagree with you on this one. The heel over-reaches and becomes vulgar and rustic. One is reminded of This End Up furniture. And one shivers and dies a little inside. This shoe, she is a common, forlorn little thing. The shoe equivalent of the short girl with the overly artful messy bun, “ironic” plaid flannel shirt and black platform flip-flops. In other words, le yuck.

7. AmazonPrincess November 16, 2008 at 1:11 am #

Cute, but like most nice shoes, not available in a 12.

8. Lilly Munster November 18, 2008 at 1:47 pm #

I think they are quite ugly and would cause ones feet to appear large and “clunky”.

9. casablancabride November 23, 2008 at 8:04 pm #

I just received these in the mail from Shopbop.com and they are spectacular. The heel is a less clunky looking in person, the over all shape of the shoe is divine and the leatherwork (especially the pleats around the heel) is just gorgeous. *sigh* I love them.