The Monday Hotness: Glamorous Glue Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: Glamorous Glue Edition

I technically know that there must be worst places in the world than Oklahoma.

I am sure we have many superfantastic readers who live in the state responsible for making sure Texas doesn’t fall into the Gulf of Mexico, BUT I will say I do not relish The Sooner State. The first time I was there, when I was 10, I saw a dead German Shepard that looked just like our dog Argus. The second time I got attacked by a marauding flock of emu who tried to eat my eyeballs and got heckled because the friends I was with had tattoos. The third time was this weekend, on my way to back-to-back funerals in Arkansas. I needed emotional support. I needed Morrissey.

Okay technically I need a new pair of Valentinos and the leopard pony Zanottis with the scooped crocodile heel I’d been eying at Neiman Marcus Last Call for the past six months, but since I’m in denial about falling off the No Buy Wagon, I am not talking about that.

Oh how I love Morrissey. I love that somewhere in the world there is a fussier, vainer, more self-indulgent, self-impressed person than I, and I love that he has a pompadour.

Also? Girlfriend can wear a suit. YUM.

You are The Quarry
One of my favorite album covers of all time
Splendor in the grass
I cannot imagine Morrissey voluntarily getting dirty. They must have held his hair product ransom.

Wet Life With Fruit
Morrissey is my second favorite vegetarian, so this is extra hot.

Just in time for the Holidays
Oh you just THINK I’m going to make the obvious joke BUT YOU’RE WRONG.
In Younger and Stroppier Times
When we first fell in love.

Lovely Suit
This is loud. Loud but good.

13 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: Glamorous Glue Edition”

1. AmazonAngelle November 17, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

Now THAT is Monday Hotness if ever there was some. I adore Morrissey he is so passionate and lyrical and just…amazing!!

2. Sara November 17, 2008 at 6:09 pm #

Is there nothing you don’t have excellent taste in? Mmmm… Morrissey.

3. Anusha November 17, 2008 at 10:30 pm #

I used to just looooove Morrissey (I can never spell his name right) when I was in high school! I saw him in concert once.

But … isn’t he gay? Not that it matters, but it’s one of those intriguing questions that’s never been really answered, unless I missed the news somewhere along the way.

4. Anusha November 17, 2008 at 10:35 pm #

By the way, I love this blog and posted a link to it in mine (Udarata Kella) … if you don’t mind? :o)

5. Leah November 18, 2008 at 12:19 am #

So as the big girl blog, maybe we could start including some non-traditional images of male physical perfection? Big can be beautiful in men too!!!

6. LadyMissM November 18, 2008 at 1:11 am #

I loved Morrissey SO MUCH back in ye olde day. Disturbingly, as an older man, he reminds me of my father.

7. Style Spy November 18, 2008 at 11:10 am #

Okay, am thoroughly down with the new shoes. Mr. I-Need-My-Adenoids-Out-But -It-Would-Take-Time-Away-From-My-Moping-So-I-Haven’t-Scheduled-It, not so much.

8. AmelieWannabe November 19, 2008 at 10:54 am #

Henceforth, the rest of today will be dedicated solely to the Smiths and Morrissey. Now where the heck is my copy of Louder than Bombs? Oh, right here behind Viva Hate.

9. Kat November 19, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

What is this ” I USED to love Morrissey” stuff? My love for Mozzer will never die. He shook my hand when I was in the front row for a concert of his a few years ago. *sigh*

10. Jojo November 19, 2008 at 5:52 pm #

Haha! I’ve got ‘The Smiths’ Greatest Hits album in my car as we speak.

11. Dave Navarro February 17, 2009 at 1:55 pm #

To start earning money with your blog, initially use Google Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases, keep adding more and more money making programs to your site.

12. Dave Navarro February 17, 2009 at 5:02 pm #

What is captcha code?, pls provide me captcha code codes or plugin, Thanks in advance.

13. Tyrone Willets February 22, 2009 at 9:01 am #

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you