The Monday Hotness: How to Wear a T-Shirt (Or Not) Starring Marlon Brando | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: How to Wear a T-Shirt (Or Not) Starring Marlon Brando

Perfection

Flawless

And Again

Not just a streetcar

You’re welcome.

9 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: How to Wear a T-Shirt (Or Not) Starring Marlon Brando”

1. Style Spy November 24, 2008 at 10:20 am #

I played Blanche in college. Sadly, my Stanley was soooooooo not Brando. OTOH, I have heard that he got immensely fat post-college, so I guess he was more like than I suspected…

2. Plumcake November 24, 2008 at 10:36 am #

Did you really?! I could totally see you being a fantastic Blanche.

3. Jane November 24, 2008 at 11:02 am #

Oh. Oh, YES. Thank you, Plumcake, for this fine Monday Hotness episode.

4. Olivia November 24, 2008 at 11:10 am #

What a wonderful birthday present. :)

5. Plumcake November 24, 2008 at 11:19 am #

Many happy returns Olivia!

6. Anon November 24, 2008 at 4:16 pm #

He was even gorgeous in a turtleneck in brooding, wounded middle age.

7. class-factotum November 24, 2008 at 8:25 pm #

Lord have mercy. I need to go watch “On the Waterfront” again.

8. Jo November 28, 2008 at 11:16 am #

True story: When I was in college, I spent a month in Denmark. I stayed with the family of a high-school student who spoke/speaks excellent English…but her mom’s English skills were about as good as my Danish, which is to say, not very.

So we’re all sitting around the living room, feeling uncomfortable because we can’t converse very well except through Louise, when “Streetcar” comes on. With Danish subtitles.

Brando came onscreen, and Louise’s mother and I both sighed deeply at the same moment. International relations thawed at that moment and have stayed warm, despite language barriers, ever since! We exchange Brando cards for birthdays.

9. hellooo May 25, 2009 at 4:41 am #

Oh God. He was absolutely gorgeous. Please, more pictures! Please!
    He was such a great actor.