Yellow Means Shop Faster! | Manolo for the Big Girl

Yellow Means Shop Faster!

Maybe it’s the cough syrup talking, but I think I sort of love these cheerful little mocs from Moska Cieka. I mean, they’re just so sunny and fun. They’re a fantastic way to be light-hearted and whimsical under all your wintry gear without becoming That Girl Who Expresses Herself Through Novelty Socks (srsly, don’t be that girl.) Plus? CHEAP.

Yay! Sunny yellow mocs at Yooxicon

YOOXicon is having a big ole sale with free standard shipping and their Fall/Winter collections up to 50% off. That makes these peppy little kicks –also available in an equally fun tomato red– less than fifty bucks. I can’t get my eyelashes touched-up for less than fifty bucks!

7 Responses to “Yellow Means Shop Faster!”

1. AmelieWannabe December 12, 2008 at 4:22 pm #

I’ve heard it all my life and really want to know, who is the neanderthal who first said only children and prostitutes may wear red shoes?

2. Clare2e December 12, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

Okay, I AM that novelty sock girl. They never fail to cheer, and I match the silly theme to what my mood lacks for the day. The catch that makes it- I hope- forgiveable: they’re hidden from view.

Under my long pants and boots lurks a secret smile for myself. Also for the desperately handsome EMT who finds me knocked out of my shoes by a taxi and whose own humanity is so touched by my warmth and whimsy that he keeps the paddles charging that extra second. Beep-beep. Lub-dub. Novelty socks, properly utilized, can save lives.

Feng Shui begins with the floors and S/M worship with the feet, and I deeply empathize with the need for canary shoeleather.

3. Plumcake December 12, 2008 at 4:48 pm #

I’ve heard it attributed to Dylan Thomas, Amelie.

4. Lizzie December 12, 2008 at 7:47 pm #

What’s wrong with novelty socks? No one can see them but me! My happy little secret…

5. Bree December 12, 2008 at 10:54 pm #

I think you have finally posted shoes that I would wear and could wear! (I can’t do high heels at all, and believe me, I’ve tried).

6. Jeni December 13, 2008 at 12:11 am #

Whats wrong with novelty socks?! Its not like you see them unless I take my shoes off. I think they are cute and fun and fooy on those who don’t. You can pry my cute socks from my cold dead body.

Also I agree with Clare2e, they save lives!

7. dee December 13, 2008 at 1:17 am #

Not that you asked, but the answer is Starman.