The Monday Hotness: Cake or Death? | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: Cake or Death?

What?

Wot? I’m a #$%^ squirrel!

I mean come ON, you knew it had to happen sometime. Eddie Izzard –Executive Transvestite cum Serious Actor and one dirty hot mess– is today’s Monday Hotness.

Nice chop there, Eddie.

He doesn’t do the drag thing much anymore, now that he’s trying to be taken seriously as an Artiste (and fair play, every straight role I’ve seen him in has been pretty good.) but he’s got a fantastic personal style.

Aye Aye Eddie

Do you know how hard it is for a solidly built guy to carry off a double breasted suit? The man deserves an award.

A bit of the ol ultracomedy

and also? There’s a bit of the Clockwork Orange to him. He looks kinda bad, I mean the good bad. That sort of bad that you don’t even tell your friends about but –fifteen years later– will still make you blush in shame every time you pass the rider mower aisle at Sears.

Almost as cute as Steve McQueen

see?

And most importantly, he understands the necessity of a good set of false lashes. Mmmm. Fierce.

Are those strips or individuals?

24 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: Cake or Death?”

1. ChloeMireille January 12, 2009 at 11:54 am #

I love Eddie Izzard! One of my friends was lucky enough to see him when he came to Houston not too long ago. She was the very person that showed me Dressed to Kill for the first time.

2. Jan January 12, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Death please… I mean cake! LOL Love Eddie Izzard! As far as him playing straight roles though, you do know he is straight, right? Or as he would say, a male lesbian. Just semantics I suppose. :)

3. Twistie January 12, 2009 at 12:28 pm #

As far as I’m concerned there’s nothing sexier than a man who can make me laugh until my sides hurt. Any man who can make me roll about on the floor helpless with mirth at things like ‘Do you have a flag?’ and strange alternate settings on phasers (limp, ice cream truck in vicinity, suddenly remembers left stove on at home) can also probably find my housekey stashed in a special place only he knows about.

The sad thing, though, is that Eddie usually has a better manicure than I do. Yes, I’m jealous. No, it won’t stop me.

4. JenniferP January 12, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

Hot and BRILLIANT. Brilliant and HOT. I have a fetish for really smart people. You could stake out a dumb but pretty super-model out like a gazelle and I wouldn’t care.

5. Mo January 12, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

He’s hysterical and brilliant, and dead sexy. I loved the scene in “All the Queen’s Men” where he kisses the guy while they hide in the back room of a party from the Nazis and he’s wearing a dress… Oh man. He’s just hot.

6. Style Spy January 12, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

Cake. Cake cake cake. Cakecakecakecakecakety-cake. (And by “Cake,” please understand me to mean, “Hot make-out session in the backseat of a car with Eddie Izzard.”)

7. Plumcake January 12, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

Style Spy, you ain’t never told a lie. GOD that man butters my biscuits.

Jan, yes I know he was hetero. I said “straight roles” as opposed to “comic roles” but I’ll take any roll with him I can get, IYKWIMAITYD*

*if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

8. Bree January 12, 2009 at 2:04 pm #

He always reminded me of Hugh Laurie’s rebellious younger brother. That’s a good thing, I think. And I thought he was good in Velvet Goldmine too.

9. Plumcake January 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

Man, Velvet Goldmine. That a LOT of hotness there. Ewan MacGregor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Christian Bale…whew. I think next week we might need a Velvet Goldmine Monday Hotness.

10. Violet January 12, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

>He always reminded me of Hugh Laurie’s rebellious younger brother.

Well, there goes sleep tonight.

11. CubicleDrone January 12, 2009 at 5:08 pm #

thank you for making my monday 1000 times better!

12. Plumcake January 12, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

I live to serve, Cubicle.

Violetta, I am right there with you, as always.

13. madame suggia January 12, 2009 at 6:45 pm #

I totally would. with or without fishnets, lashes and heels on him and/or me. Saw him live in Tampa a few months ago-I laughed so hard i still hurt 3 days later. The man is fabulous.

14. Jeni January 12, 2009 at 7:35 pm #

OMG I LOVE Eddie Izzard. I’m oddly more attracted to him when he’s in “drag” then in “normal” styles…not sure what that means. I loved him in Across the Universe (sings For the Benefit of Mr. Kite)

15. Leslie January 12, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

He is quite possibly almost nearly the perfect man. He is smart, he is funny, he is gorgeous and he understands having to have 14 pairs of black heels and can help you pick out just the right red for your lips all while being completely masculine in a skirt and stilettos.
    I completely agree with all of you.

16. Kathy January 12, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

I am utterly, undeniably, indescribably enamored with Eddie Izzard. I saw him in SF last year – great googly moogly the man is hysterically funny, snarky and hotter than July (in or out of drag).

I must admit that, of his many incarnations, I prefer him either scruffy or in make-up. Out of drag without facial hair is nice, but doesnt make me drool-y and incoherent with lust.

Thanks for bringing him up!, Plumcake! Few things please me as much as finding fellow Izzard-ites. :) Since I left college I get more blank stares than gushing accolades when I bring him up – it throws me something fierce.

17. Jelly January 13, 2009 at 12:58 am #

Well, I’ll have the chicken then, please.

(I have seen this so many times I can almost quote it)

18. AmazonAngelle January 13, 2009 at 1:46 am #

Do you have a flag?

I got one word for you…GIGGITY! Something about an intelligent man in dramatic but seasonal appropriate eye makeup just frosts my cupcakes. Now excuse me while I go and collapse like a flan in a cupboard. :)

19. Katherine January 13, 2009 at 8:32 am #
  20. De January 13, 2009 at 9:45 am #

I have the dirtiest, most awesome fantasy about him that starts with us playing dressup together in a giant closet…and ends, well, *cough* I don’t think I need to tell you :D…..muahahaha.

*sigh* Something about his smile, and the brilliant twinkle in his eye that says he’s got something witty going on up there, gets me going every time. I love that he’s fluent in several languages (nothing sexier than a goofy Brit born in Yemen speaking French), and that he’s obviously far too smart for his own good.

I saw him *twice* this past summer, once in Dallas and once in Austin. In Austin I had front row seats and MY SWEET LORD (HALLELUIA!) is he dead friggin sexy in person. He has a very raw and obvious charisma about him in person, his carriage and Presence are just….THERE, kwim?

He’s the kind of man I’d love to come home to……covered in bees or no. :)

21. Monica the tiara chick January 13, 2009 at 2:16 pm #

Not a day in the house goes by without myself or Mr. Tiara Chick quoting Eddie Izzard. As we are often in the SF Bay area, we like to mutter, “Prisoners coming, prisoners, prisoners….” as the cable cars roll by ringing their bells.

Mr. TC and I saw him in Los Angeles and he was just genius. Our favorite moment of the night was when he had to use the “bees” sound effect and hand gestures for a moment, and a woman in the front row had a screaming fit. He stopped, stared at her, and said in total disbelief, “I’m just using my HAND! It’s just a fcking MIME!”

22. leymoo January 13, 2009 at 9:47 pm #

@Jan: I think she meant “straight” as in “serious acting roles”

I can’t find him hot for some reason… I mean, he’s *amazing*, and will look hotter in a pair of red heels than I ever will, but it just doesn’t work for me.

Maybe the phobia of bees has something to do with it… ;-)

23. raincoaster January 14, 2009 at 9:23 am #

I actually know a woman who had a one-night stand with him awhile back. She said he seemed at least as taken by her hot boots as by her!

24. Plum Texan January 17, 2009 at 1:04 am #

SO the hotness. And Chloe: I saw him in Houston too! He was AMAZING. I’ve been a fan for nigh on 10 years now.

Best part: my husband loves him too. :)