How Do You Say “Hot Damn On A Biscuit!” In British? | Manolo for the Big Girl

How Do You Say “Hot Damn On A Biscuit!” In British?

Okay, I am on the No Buy To End All No Buys but seriously? With custom boots available for under a hundred dollars INCLUDING SHIPPING? That thing’s breaking like a purity ring on prom night.

DUO SALE

Come to mama.

13 Responses to “How Do You Say “Hot Damn On A Biscuit!” In British?”

1. Violet January 29, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

OH SHIT.

2. Plumcake January 29, 2009 at 4:36 pm #

I KNOW.

3. Ashe Mischief January 29, 2009 at 4:49 pm #

I just had the worst experience with DUO– none of the boots were sized as marked. Boots with an 18″ calf really had a 16″ calf, ones with a 19″ had about a 21.” Now I get to pay to have them shipped back (at $25 a pair) and I’ll be lucky if they return my shipping. I’m a bit disappointed, to say the least.

4. jen209 January 29, 2009 at 5:19 pm #

Does anyone know of a site like this that is in the U.S.? So I don’t have to pay in pounds, or a ton of shipping charges?

5. La Petite Acadienne January 29, 2009 at 6:58 pm #

Oh I am so incredibly torn. The pair that I adore (the Lyon brown) still wind up being over $150CAD before shipping, which I know is a phenomenal deal for such awesome boots, but I just don’t dare buy any new footwear while I’m pregnant, in case my feet don’t go back to their normal size after the baby’s born.

6. JR January 30, 2009 at 9:06 am #

Weird, my last comment didn’t post. Anyway, thanks so much for the tip. I bought the Penna black boots (only 135USD with shipping!).

7. mini_pixie January 30, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

OMG I am so desperate for the Bologna boots!!

8. jen209 January 30, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

And P.S. if you said “hot damn on a biscuit” in Britain, they would think you meant “hot damn on a cookie”.

9. Carol January 30, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

I’m sorry to hear Ashe Mischief had a problem with DUO. I have two pairs of their boots now and both fit perfectly.

10. Violet January 30, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

I’m wearing my first pair and they’re perfect. I have absolute faith. I just can’t work out which boots I want out of the current sale. Plus, I need another closet.

11. Sarah January 31, 2009 at 7:27 pm #

I just bought the super sexy Samara boots. Those are hot! And on phenomenal sale! And my Russian major geekery loves that they’re named after a city in Russia!

12. TeleriB February 1, 2009 at 8:06 am #

Nabbed a pair of the Toledos in brown. I tried for some of the styles that had some nifty details, but I snoozed too long; none in my size. Still, it’s hard to be disappointed in a quality boot discounted so deeply! I’ll try to think of it as “versatile and classic” instead of “somewhat plain.” :)

13. Sara February 2, 2009 at 2:22 pm #

I exercised phenomenal restraint and only bought two pair. I literally screamed when I scrolled down and saw this. Two pair for ~211.00 USD including shipping! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!