The Floral Foot-Eater | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Floral Foot-Eater

The original Uggs, as we all know, are too terrible to picture here on a Monday.

Their more grown-up styles are not all bad.  Some are even pretty good, if you need something warm.

See? This one adjusts to fit wide calves and has a sheepskin lining. The stylish girl in the cold region could do much worse than to wear these in the depths of February.

But for the Spring? Uggs?

Um, what?

No no no no NO!

Even masked in florals, an Ugg is still an Ugg.

8 Responses to “The Floral Foot-Eater”

1. Amy K. February 23, 2009 at 12:40 pm #

I had a ruffly tiered skirt in 1991 that had almost that exact floral print. It was made by Bongo and I was very disappointed that my mom didn’t let me also get the matching jean jacket.

2. Twistie February 23, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

I covet that first pair.

The second may give me nightmares.

That is all.

3. daisyj February 23, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Dear God, woman, give us some sort of warning before you post something like that. Some of us are still recovering from the weekend.

4. Ravna February 23, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

I too covet the first pair.
    I live in Sweden, in the northern part. We easily get -19 C and I live in a town by the sea so it gets even colder.
    Those looked like a perfect fit for me.
    Wonder if they sell them in Sweden?

5. jamy February 23, 2009 at 6:26 pm #

How appropriate is it that Uggs are called Uggs. Uggggly?

6. Marie Denee February 24, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

Bongo! Oh no! I remember that! I have a pair of Uggs, but mine lace up the front and are a bit more… “stylish” I suppose, only donning them in the coldest of weather I can take. I say what I can take (cause its Cali and cold is nothing compared to the east coast)
    These florals are hideous! and beg the question WTF? hahahahaha… I Love you all!

7. ugg August 15, 2009 at 3:01 am #

UGGSFORCHEAP is a large online store which retail UGGS and wholesale UGGS, Come here to buy a pair of lavish &luxury UGGS BOOT with the lowest price.

8. puma shoes October 31, 2009 at 2:06 am #

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with