The Big Reminder: Save Our Cleavage Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Big Reminder: Save Our Cleavage Edition

Francesca says: If you are not in the habit already, please do a breast self-exam today! It only takes a minute!

It may also be time to have a mammography. Are you over 40? Has a year passed since your last mammography? Don’t delay, schedule today!

Francesca hath spoken!

xoxo

8 Responses to “The Big Reminder: Save Our Cleavage Edition”

1. Cat April 2, 2009 at 4:01 pm #

I sense a theme on Manolo for the Big Girl today!

2. Jeanine April 2, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

Me too!

I wonder….if one wanted to email a question to one of the lovely writters of this daily decadence, how would one go about doing so?

I think I’ve peeked in every corner of the blog, and I don’t think I see a contact us link.

I’m in need of some fashion advice.

Thanks!

3. Katie April 2, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

Jeanine–in a box to the left of the page under the RSS Subscribe link are two links for the blogger’s emails.

4. Katie April 2, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

I meant RIGHT, directions Katie! Sheesh.

5. suburbancaroline April 2, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

I wanted to give reassurance on the mammography front to large-breasted women. I just turned 40, and had my first mammogram on December. I had of course heard all the horror stories about getting your breasts squished…but it wasn’t painful at all. Turns out, the technician explained to me, that small-breasted women end up feeling squeezed because they have to try and pull the breast away from the chest wall and even out the density with compression. Larger breasts are usually more malleable and flatten easily. So, large, soft breasts equal an easy mammogram, while small firm ones are much more difficult.

6. class factotum April 2, 2009 at 9:05 pm #

S. Caroline, my friend Aimee told me that getting a mammogram didn’t hurt her at all — “just a big ol’ slab of meat on that machine,” she said. Whereas my barely A’s got smashed and squeezed and twisted so much that my doctor had to order me — as I argued against the necessity — to return for my next test years later.

7. Christine April 2, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

I’ve had mammograms both with smaller and larger breasts…the joys of fluctuating weight. It never hurt at all. I would say, try not to go the week before your period. I did that once, and it was a bit uncomfortable, though as much due to PMS as the mammogram.

8. Alyson Harley April 2, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

if you are 35 they are covered thru aetna. call and verify benefits first but that is the norm.