Don’t make me turn this blog around, Beth Ditto. | Manolo for the Big Girl

Don’t make me turn this blog around, Beth Ditto.

Beth Ditto you come here this instant.

Is this what I think it is? Because I think it is. I think you are actually WEARING a GOLD LAME’ TOREADOR outfit.

Don’t give me that look. I know a toreador outfit when I see one.  This ain’t my first time at the gay rodeo. I feel we’ve talked about this. A lot.

Now you march straight up to your room and put on something that doesn’t look like you’re going to Pamplona night at a cocaine-fueled intergalactic discotheque. Again.

12 Responses to “Don’t make me turn this blog around, Beth Ditto.”

1. Margo June 22, 2009 at 7:24 am #

I have to disagree – it’s carnival, it’s gorgeous, it’s La Ditto: she’s wearing it in a music video, and not down to Waitrose to pick up a loaf of bread. Frankly, bring on the ‘cocaine-fueled intergalactic discotheque’ look over yet another wrap dress (credit: Gabi at Young, Fat & Fabulous).

Honestly, if we’re going to Have Words, I’m more concerned with her line for Evans – a shop with frumpy, ill-made clothing that always has yucky fabric.

2. Ms Jinxx June 22, 2009 at 10:39 am #

I have been unsure of where beth is going for a while now.. starting with the confusing removal of her eyebrows … I have not checked out her Evans line yet as I live in Canada and I will have to hunt for it online. But, beyond all that I still love to watch her work it. The new song is Ok.. sounds a lot like thier first big single did.

3. Evie June 22, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

The theme of my next costume party is officially Pamplona night at a cocaine-fueled intergalactic discotheque. Who’s with me?

4. Margo June 22, 2009 at 7:34 pm #

@Evie – moi! Moi! *waves red tea towel re-fashioned into a bullfighter’s cape* Ole!

5. ladymissm June 22, 2009 at 7:45 pm #

I’ll be there as soon as I finish gluing this mantilla to my glittery space helmet.

6. Orora June 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm #

While it’s…uh, unusual, my big concern is fit. If you’re going to wear an Elvis Goes to a Salsa Club on Babylon 5 outfit, at least make sure it doesn’t give you doubleboob because the cups are too small.

7. dcsurfergirl June 23, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

It could be fun to wear that to the local 7-11!

8. raincoaster June 24, 2009 at 7:32 am #

If you can’t wear the ‘cocaine-fueled intergalactic discotheque’ look when you’re a notoriously nutty British rock star, when CAN you? At least she didn’t shoot fire from her nips.

9. Katie June 25, 2009 at 11:04 am #

I’m late to this party, but rollercoaster, the British have plenty of their own rock star icons, don’t give them ours!

Beth is an American, born in Arkansas no less! Also, The Gossip (her band) is based in Portland, Oregon.

10. Style Spy June 25, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

But DAYUM, girlfriend has got some pipes, and I do appreciate her obvious love for the sparkly.

Speaking of… where do you suppose she got that short-sleeved sparkly black top? ‘Cause I could get some use out of one of those…

11. poltergasm June 26, 2009 at 5:30 pm #

but–but–you dont see enough of it to know whether it is a toreador costume or not. it could be a viking costume. she could be dressed as a glamourous ANT. um, well, you know. a glamorous ant in a low cut bustier. or something. i wish the videographer had the glamorous guts to shoot her from head to toe, not head to waist, is all i’m saying. but i AM saying it.

12. La BellaDonna June 26, 2009 at 5:33 pm #

Sorry, I believe rock stars are morally, if not legally, REQUIRED to wear gold spandex. It’s one of the reasons one BECOMES a rock star!

Wear it in gold health, Beth Ditto!