Plumcake unmasked by The Daily Beast! | Manolo for the Big Girl

Plumcake unmasked by The Daily Beast!

I’d would like to offer a warm welcome to all the people who had the darn fine sense to come over here from The Daily Beast article in which, yours truly –the lovely, talented and currently-sober-despite-it-being after-9-in-the-morning Miss Plumcake– was featured heavily (see what I did there? with the heavy thing? HA. Funny AND good-looking!)

For our loyal readers, whom I love very much –you’re my favorites, don’t tell the others– read Renata’s excellent article, and if you’re emotionally prepared check out the photo gallery to see what happens when Plumcake finds out after dinner she needs 3 to 5 publication-ready photos by noon the next day.

Let’s just say I now owe photographer and cute boy Nathan Black my heart (figuratively) my kidney (literally I think, I wasn’t really paying attention) and a large brunch of Texas-shaped waffles and booze at The Driskill Hotel.

Enjoy, y’all!

27 Responses to “Plumcake unmasked by The Daily Beast!”

1. Juliet June 25, 2009 at 10:54 am #

Dear Ms. Plumcake,

I am not a lesbian but will you please gaymarry me? Because your quotes in that article made me as happy as the day I found three perfect Armani skirts in my size in Century 21.

Juliet

2. marjorie June 25, 2009 at 11:50 am #

HOW CUTE ARE YOU, PLUMCAKE????

i loved that piece, and your quotes really did make it. plus, tres charmant that they did a photogallery of models AND fashion bloggers.

3. klee June 25, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

I thought you kicked literary ass AND looked fabulous!

4. Amy June 25, 2009 at 12:30 pm #

That pic was totally worth a kidney! Lovely.

5. Margo June 25, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

Dear jeebus, Plummy, talk about screw inner beauty – you’re smoking. Sorry for coming over all superficial (well, who am I kidding?) If you’re in Lunnun, do swing by, it’d be my honour to buy you a Pimm’s and go hunting for trouser.

6. Jennie June 25, 2009 at 2:27 pm #

Why is anyone shocked that our Plummy is fabulous? Of course she is, she’s a southern gal! Beauty and Brains in one complete package and the ability to turn an awesomely wicked phrase….

Love ya, Diva!

7. Pinky June 25, 2009 at 3:18 pm #

Fabulous, Ms. Plumcake!

8. Evie June 25, 2009 at 3:21 pm #

Epic zingers, Plummy! And your colorful makeup in that photo is to die for.

9. Jen June 25, 2009 at 3:31 pm #

Plumcake, I knew you were a beautiful person from your writing but hot damn, you are gorgeous! Love the pic and the article.

“I want the woman who can say ‘This is who I am, you don’t have to like me and you don’t have approve of me, but I’ve been to this pony show before and this time I’m getting what I want. I’ve got one voice, two chins, and more style than should be allowed by law and I’m not apologizing for any of it’ and then, I don’t know, puts her cigarette out on her arm.”

I aspire to be this woman every day. Thank you.

10. Angela June 25, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

Now that you’ve been, ahem, exposed, we need waaaaayyyy more photos. Go on wit yo bad self!

11. Jessie June 25, 2009 at 6:41 pm #

Oh Plumcake!!You are so pretty,your eyes are gorgoeus..You have this look like”You hear what i’m saying?Listen to what i’m saying!
    I agree,more pics please

12. Deena June 25, 2009 at 7:17 pm #

You look GORGEOUS in your photo. I looked at mine and all I thought was- oh crap, now the entire world knows what a mess my backyard is!

13. Bree June 25, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

Plumcake and all those gals are gorgeous!!!

14. La Petite Acadiene June 25, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

As gorgeous and delightful as a red velvet cupcake, my darling!

15. rach3 June 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm #

Exactly as fabulous as I thought you would be! :)

16. theDiva June 25, 2009 at 11:58 pm #

You look great, Plummy! Love the article, too.

17. Nariya June 26, 2009 at 12:37 am #

I knew this blog was too brilliant to be kept quiet for long. Plumcake, I think you’d look great in an LBD with MAC’s Plum Dandy (pun unintentional, I swear) frosty lipstick for an evening out. :) And even if the curl’s been a bane of your existence I stand by my comment: you are either very good or AWESOME.

18. Lisa June 26, 2009 at 3:43 am #

I’m up for all of it except for the putting out my cigarette on my arm part. Owie. Can I put my cigarette out on *somebody else’s* arm? Because if so, I”m totally in.

You look fantastic.

19. megaera June 26, 2009 at 5:33 am #

Wowza! Those some MIGHTY fine eyes you’ve got there, Miss Plumcake! Lovely, lovely.

20. Rhiannon June 26, 2009 at 10:20 am #

I clicked over from the Daily Beast. The line “We’re fat, we’re not the Highlander. There can be more than one,” cracked me up, and then I find that not only does this lady share a love of goofy pop culture references, but also has the same name as I do. Hooray for confidence, Sean Connery 80s movies and hard to pronounce names!

21. Less June 26, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

OK, I’m finally convinced that Plumcake, like most mythological figures, is based on an actual person. Since I’ve been reading this blog I’ve suspected she was too outrageous to be real, and instead was a character invented and written by a committee of three or four gay guys. So glad to be proved wrong–the truth is much better!

22. La BellaDonna June 26, 2009 at 3:49 pm #

It’s a lovely shot of you, Plumcake! I hope it’s not another five years to the next Fatshion Week!

23. Lysana June 26, 2009 at 4:59 pm #

I love your picture, Plummy!

And I am in LUST with the peacock dress on Tina Lou! Does anyone have the least idea where she found that?

24. sscott June 28, 2009 at 3:29 pm #

Hey, I just found your website through the Daily Beast! So glad that I did! I think you’re really funny! And terrific! And best of all, right here in Austin!

I’m a little on the fat side — 5’2″ and 198 pounds, plus size 2. And I’m a little on the old side, too. But is it me, or are men still giving me The Look? I’d like to know if it’s only my sad projection, or if the wild vibes of heterosexuality are still alive!

Is anybody else into Alejandro Escovedo’s cut on Real Animal called “Friend to You”? My goodness, I am!

25. Cosmo June 29, 2009 at 1:25 am #

Well done! Cosmo blogged you, too http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/full_figured_fashion_week.htm

26. Smokey Behr June 29, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

I now have a reason to move to Tejas (If you’re still single…)