The Daily Kick: How Green Was My Sandal? Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Daily Kick: How Green Was My Sandal? Edition

New featurette, kids. The economy’s getting better, we’re slowly but surely starting to shop again and I’m here to bring you little nibbles of loveliness. We’ll do an ultra luxury shoe here and there, but most of the daily kicks are going be in the Cole Haan price range, not Chanel who –as previously mentioned– can suck it. And remember, if you’re looking for something in particular, or just yearning for inspiration, you can always email your pal Plummy.

flipper.jpg

Love these. The perfect emerald green leather-backed flat. I’m not typically one for gewgaws and whatnots on my flats, but I do love the gnarled settings of the jewels, and frankly the whole shoe is a much more sophisticated, witty design than I would have expected at this price point, plus the double ankle wrap can easily be snipped and punctured to a single wrap for the sturdy of ankle folks, like myself.

9 Responses to “The Daily Kick: How Green Was My Sandal? Edition”

1. AmelieWannabe July 21, 2009 at 3:58 pm #

Sorry, Plumcake, but I disagree wholeheartedly. These shoes look cheap, like something one would find at Payless or even, gasp, Wal-Mart.

2. kristin July 21, 2009 at 5:28 pm #

I love shoes. Love them. The problem is I have wide feet. Can you find some awesome shoes for this feature that come in wide width? Pretty please?

3. Plumcake July 21, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

Aww, Amelie’s even pretty when she’s wrong!

4. nicole July 21, 2009 at 7:03 pm #

Amelie, i would have to agree with Plumcake that you are so cute but wrong.

These shoes are “Smokin Hott”. This is the type of flat sandal that you can dress up or down.
    Its not too often that you find a nice green versitile classic shoe. I use the word classic loosly, because this is the type of sandal that wont go out of style, so how can you go wrong.

Maybe you would like it more if it came in other colors.

5. Nemtynakht July 21, 2009 at 8:21 pm #

Amelie, I’ve got your back. Hated it.
    Love the new feature, though! More like this! More! More!

6. TeleriB July 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm #

I initially thought it was very cheap-looking, I think because the metal setting for the jewels looked like very ratty lace on my monitor. Now that my brain accepts it as metal… I don’t hate it but I don’t love it, either. I like its individual parts but I’m not sure I like them together. If the fabric wasn’t heathered, I think I’d love it.

7. ChristianeF July 21, 2009 at 9:15 pm #

I’m with Plumcake, I looooove these shoes. I even agree with the color choice, the green is the best of the three available at the site.

Now if only I had one hundred extra dollars lying about….

8. Lisa July 22, 2009 at 12:14 am #

I’m not sure how I feel about these, but I want to throw my whole-hearted support behind accessories features–as we all know that Plumcake knows how to don a turban. Accessories make the outfit, and showing some things that are Cole Haan price range is a good compromise.

I kind wonder of maybe these aren’t a mite young for me and maybe that’s what is throwing me off a little. I kind of draw the line at about $50 for fabric shoes. I am really hard on shoes, and they almost never last for me. I don’t know how many pairs of super-cute satin shoes that I’ve just chewed through.

9. La BellaDonna July 24, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

Oh, pretty! I will take them, thank you very much!