The Art of the Turban #2 | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Art of the Turban #2

Eva Mendes in Prada

7519my29.JPG

sophia.jpg

Sophia says: it’s all about understatement.

8 Responses to “The Art of the Turban #2”

1. Bianca July 22, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

I want one just like Sophia’s, but sparklier. And pink.

2. Bianca July 22, 2009 at 3:32 pm #

I want one like Sophia has, but sparklier. And pink.

3. Style Spy July 23, 2009 at 12:14 am #

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a Halston turban???

4. Plumcake July 23, 2009 at 12:34 am #

Why yes, yes it is!

5. Lisa July 23, 2009 at 11:46 am #

Glorious.

6. La BellaDonna July 24, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

Plummy, WHAT movie is the Divine Sophia shot from? I want the entire outfit! (A Friday note: I make turbans. And I wear ’em.)

7. Maggiethecat July 27, 2009 at 5:24 am #

LaBellaDonna, I *think* that scene is from the film ‘Lady L’. I really dig turbans on other people, but me, I have neither the nerve nor the cheekbones to pull one off. Sigh.

8. La BellaDonna July 27, 2009 at 5:30 pm #

Pshaw! Maggiethecat, if you love the turban, the turban you may have! Perhaps not the one that is shown, but a turban, nonetheless! I have no cheekbones, either, but that does not leap to mind when I wear a turban. Remember that you can drape (and stitch, which I realize turns it into a “hat,” since a “turban” is actually draped each time it’s worn, but a “hat” stays where you want it to stay) that turban to suit YOUR features, and you can decorate it in a way that pleases YOU. If you are anxious and/or nervous, practice in the privacy of your own bedroom. Practice with a scarf or two; wrap it around a base, which can be ANYTHING, including a (shudder) baseball cap. You can wrap it high, or wide; you can wrap it with ethnic scarves, plain scarves, sparkly scarves (for “scarves,” substitute “bits of leftover fabric”), one or two or more scarves.

You can wear a turban!