One of These Deserves to be Saved from Extinction | Manolo for the Big Girl

One of These Deserves to be Saved from Extinction

Giant Freaking Squidmonster

Dreadful dress from Zaftique

…and the other one’s a dress.

Just say no to the hankie hem, gang.

11 Responses to “One of These Deserves to be Saved from Extinction”

1. AmelieWannabe July 30, 2009 at 12:13 pm #

Ewww, that dress is terribly reminiscent of Ursula from “Little Mermaid”. Although Divine could make that look work!

2. evilsciencechick July 30, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

It just screams “Help! I’m being attacked by a lion who hates fashion!”

3. Rosa July 30, 2009 at 12:44 pm #

Actually the dress evokes another big girl on the silver screen: Ursula in the Little Mermaid …

4. NIna July 30, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

HAHahahHAH – I had to stifle a laugh big time on that one to not be found perusing fabulous fashion blogs at work.

5. Deb July 30, 2009 at 2:36 pm #

To answer yesterday’s question? It’s post like this one and the previous one (I’m still chuckling over “before I shaved above the knees”) is why y’all top my bookmarks.

6. Irismama July 30, 2009 at 10:36 pm #

I’m scrolling, scrolling…and WTF? GAH! Dark blood red color plus a hem that looks like it’s been chewed up. That is one shitastic dress.

7. Irismama July 30, 2009 at 10:36 pm #

8. emmme July 31, 2009 at 1:21 am #

Her smile is so beautific though! She almost makes it work. I just want to get an extra-large pair of shears and snip snip snip just above the calf.

9. buxom July 31, 2009 at 2:08 am #

lol! great post!

10. AmelieWannabe July 31, 2009 at 9:57 am #

Shitastic is my new favorite word! Thanks for posting it, Irismama.

11. Ripley August 2, 2009 at 12:23 am #

You’ll have my handkerchief hem when you drag it off my cold dead carcass.

I love a handkerchief hem because one aspects of my current body type is that when I try on most straight-hem skirts or dresses, the back part of the skirt is about an inch or two higher than the front. I think it looks terrible, so I never buy a dress that does that. However, I find that a handkerchief hem often alleviates that effect. I have about two or three skirts with a handkerchief hem, and I love the way they look on me.