The Monday Hotness: Your Guy Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: Your Guy Edition

When it started out I was just a simple country girl with a dream. A dream that meant our work week started with, if not a bang, then at least someone deserving of one.  Thus the Monday Hotness was born.

And this is the part of the story wherein I pick a bone with our readers.

Y’all have been bogarting the hotness.

See, I know y’all have some fine, fine menfolk –I’ve seen your Facebooks and Tweets—  and yet FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON you have been keeping them from your pal Plummy, so I ask:

What.

The.

HELL?

Have I wronged you in some way? Did I make fun of people who wear novelty socks and collect cats one time too many (p.s., I still hate your socks)? What gives?

What I want are some damn reparations.

I WANT YOUR GUY FOR THE MONDAY HOTNESS.Joey Elswick: The Voice of the VCU Rams

Here’s how it works.

You nominate a guy in your life, you email or Facebook me a picture of JUST THE GUY that’s at least 400 pixels wide and he goes in the drawing to be part of the Monday Hotness that will run through August. Remember, we take the broad view of hotness here, so all shapes, sizes, colors, eras (that means old photos count) and lifestyles are warmly invited.

The Rules:

No Naked People.  I mean it. Especially no HAPPY naked people. Shirtless is fine, but anything else falls into the category of Things I Don’t Need to Know About Your Life

No Children. It’s not that I don’t love children, which I don’t, but bitter experience has taught me that you cannot post one photo of a child without it being a signal for everyone in the entire planet whether they read this blog or not to send in photos of THEIR gifted and gluten-intolerant Madisons and Aidans and then I will lose my mind because I nearly just apoplexied myself on a minirant about Aidan was a perfectly good saint until the stupid aspirational yuppies WHO’VE PROBABLY NEVER EVEN BEEN TO LINDISFARNE took my favorite saint’s name and ruined it all to hell and I SWEAR if ANYONE starts naming their kids Cuthbert I’m coming after you with blue-veined cheeses. So uh, yeah. No kids. This also means no on under 18 so you teenage big girls are just gonna have to wait.

No People Who Would Come and Kill Me if I Posted Their Photo on the Internet. self-explanatory

No Pictures of Dude Posing Next to Their Cars/Trucks/Bikes.  also self-explanatory. Plus people who do this are ridiculous and I’m the only person allowed to be ridiculous on this blog.

Please submit a name and a teensy bit about him and why he should be the Monday Hotness. All submitted images become property of shoeblogs LLC for use on this blog. Okay gang, Bring. It. On.

16 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: Your Guy Edition”

1. Lunakitsch August 11, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

In the spirit of this, can we get a picture of Andre? I’m sure he must be fine to win accolades from the divine Ms. P.

2. Plumcake August 11, 2009 at 3:44 pm #

Sure why not. If I get decent response I’ll toss in Andre. He’s unendurably vain, so he’ll be only too glad.

I’ll just have to convince him to keep at least some of his clothes on, lest we forget that day he knew I was sad and to cheer me up he sent me a picture of himself in Cannes wearing a Speedo (Andre is an extremely blessed man, overly blessed. especially for a Speedo).

3. AmelieWannabe August 11, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

If Andre is as overly blessed as Plummy professes then he’s got a right to be vain. ;)

4. La Petite Acadienne August 11, 2009 at 4:39 pm #

I’d love to post a picture of The Stonecutter (you’ve seen his pic, Plummy. Pretty cute, no?) I know he’d be super-embarrassed, though. : (

5. Plumcake August 11, 2009 at 4:55 pm #

LPA– well we just won’t tell him. Unless he would come and kill me. At which point, ixnay on the onecutterstay.

6. Dragonbait August 11, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

Oh god, I’d love to. My mother embarrasses my boy constantly by telling him that he looks like a young Johnny Depp. Which he does, but blonder. He’d be purple for a week if I put his picture on the internet.

7. La Petite Acadienne August 11, 2009 at 9:06 pm #

He wouldn’t kill you — I actually mentioned it to him, and his response was “Why would I be upset? I don’t know those people.” Typical guy.

Anyhoodle, I’ll dig around my photos and see what I can find.

8. Twistie August 11, 2009 at 9:12 pm #

Perhaps I will not send in some of Mr. Twistie’s more…colorful exploits (like the ghost of Bob Marley)..but I may have to dig up a pic to show him off a bit. He’s decorative as well as practical. At least I think so.

Oh, and consider this one more vote for Andre, please.

9. Monica the Tiara Chcik August 11, 2009 at 9:25 pm #

A question – what constitutes “a teensy bit” about the guy? 100 words or less? ;)

10. Plumcake August 12, 2009 at 12:19 am #

Dragonbait, isn’t a week of purple partner worth it if it means so much to so many.

Luna & Twistie, I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.

Monica, brevity is the soul of wit. I want one sentence, maaybe two.

11. Margo August 12, 2009 at 2:49 am #

Sigh. The Boyfriend, one of whose few flaws is his obsessive commitment to something called “personal privacy”, declines to be featured.

12. raincoaster August 12, 2009 at 10:26 am #

I just hope the girlfriend of that Tron suit guy doesn’t see this. I’ve seen QUITE enough of him for one decade.

13. Danielle August 12, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

It’s been a while since I’ve read through MftBG (I blame all the reading for school that usurped into my precious reading-for-pleasure time). I may have to find a photo of Mr. H, my current. He’s kind of super delicious, but usually found in group/couple photos. Hmmmm . . .

14. KESW August 12, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

<p>I’ve got a perfectly adorable picture of my particular chunk of hotness with our friend’s three month old baby (my ovaries went ka-POW when I saw it and I had to remind them that thanks very much, I am already pregnant due to their clever scheduling), but Mr. W is very privacy oriented as well and I doubt he would take well to it, much less the parents of the baby. Would love to share his amazingness with ya’ll, though — he is a big boy and he is DIVINE.</p>

<strong>***
    Shame, but he would have been DQ’d under the No Children rule. Congratulations on getting knocked up though! –Plum
    </strong>

15. LL August 12, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Email sent, for my boy is awfully hot.

16. marjorie August 15, 2009 at 11:52 am #

ahahaha, no HAPPY naked people.

just catching up here — offline for 2 weeks, had to move after the biblical Poop Flood that swept thru our place after the broken sewage pipe in the building, don’t even START WITH ME — so will see if i can dig up some hawt if this is still in play.