The Monday Hotness: Your Guys Edition | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: Your Guys Edition

Oh you guys, I have just been so tickled by the response I’ve gotten for the DIY Monday Hotness. All I can say is that y’all are some twitterpated broads and I love that about you.

The response has been SO great that I’m dedicating the rest of the Mondays in August to reader submitted Monday Hotnesses, so if you missed the deadline or your fella didn’t make it this time there’s still hope.

On with the hotness!

Alex, submitted by Joy

Alex here made my short list right off the bat because he has all the hallmarks of a  guy I’d like to know. I love the hidden little smirk, the evidence of geekery and potential music snobbery and the faraway look in his eyes that says either “SPOON!” or “I could probably fix that with duct tape.” Joy, tell him he gets extra points for the Manly and Intrepid Pose.

Eric submitted by Carrie

How cute is Eric? Answer: So. Freaking. Cute. and sort of like he should be on The West Wing. He’s another one that made the short list super-fast because he looks like Jack Lemmon and I’ve loved Jack Lemmon since I was six. PLUS apparently he’s some fancypants playwright and went to one of the few Yankee schools I deem acceptable, meaning he’s aces in my book (don’t worry Eric, not everyone can go to Vanderbilt). Carrie, can he be my pretend boyfriend when I’m kicking it Calistyle? I’ll take that restraining order as a “yes”.

The Stonecutter submitted by Krista

The Stonecutter here almost didn’t make the cut. Not because he’s anything less than a total biscuit, but because my father –who was also a submission thanks to his crazy child bride figuring out the parental controls on the computer– is a gemstone cutter and I was grossed out by association. HOWEVER, Mr Cutter here looks nothing like my father and may in fact earn extra credit points for being a ginger or at least having ginger leanings. I think I’m going to need some color shots Krista!

Leher submitted by Denise

Leher here is the subject of my favorite email because it was short, sweet and involved the phrase “dirty bird”. From the looks of this photo, Denise, you ain’t never told a lie.  I also appreciate the amount of cuff he’s showing. Just because you’re dirty doesn’t mean you can’t be dapper.

Kerry submitted by Leigh

Finally there’s Kerry.  I spent a good ten minutes going back and forth on this one because I wasn’t completely sure I didn’t know him since he lives in Texas and looks like pretty much every guy I hung out with from 2001-2007. So then I had to think, if I did know him did we date, and if we did date was he the guy from the Night of a Thousand Questionable Choices that happened –coincidentally– a mere 24 hours after the events described in today’s Daily Kick. I don’t really remember much from that night other than two former producers from the L.A. punk scene who stopped me from buying a 1962 Cadillac sight unseen and then things happened and eventually there were bagels. I’m fairly confident he’s not, which is why I’m giving him the highly-coveted Plumcake Pick, bestowed this week upon the guy I’d be most likely to stay up ’til 3 in the morning on a Tuesday, drinking Lonestar in an apartment above a tattoo parlor, discussing Wanda Jackson, Cadillacs, the relative suckiness of everything in Vegas except the Doubledown Saloon  and whether Songs The Lord Taught Us or Big Beat from Badsville is the superior Cramps album. Well, Leigh? Which one is it?

So that’s all for this week, next week there will be more  homegrown Monday Hotness so keep your emails coming. Oh, and because I promised Twistie, here’s a photo of my on-again off-again Gallic goofball.  You’re just lucky it’s not the Speedo.

19 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: Your Guys Edition”

1. Joy August 17, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

He’ll definitely get the memo!

2. Jassy August 17, 2009 at 4:41 pm #

Never before has a man done so much, wearing so little, for so many women. Plumcake you are a lucky woman.

3. gina August 17, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

I second Jassy’s emotion. Also, after reading your comment about Vanderbilt, I would be most interested to learn your feelings about Furman University.

4. Plumcake August 17, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

Furman is the Washington and Lee of South Carolina, and thus a Very Fine School Indeed. It’s also on the short list of Acceptable Husband Schools if you wanted for some unknown reason to marry outside Virginia (The others include Vandy, Annapolis and Millsaps)

5. Margo August 17, 2009 at 5:30 pm #

Let’s see, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…smokin’, smokin’, smokin’, smokin’, smokin’. Excellent work, troops.

6. Leigh August 17, 2009 at 6:03 pm #

Kerry (blushing in the glare of unexpected **fame**) says that he prefers >Bad Music for Bad People

7. Sara Darling August 17, 2009 at 7:35 pm #

Yeah, I gotta say, you ladies have some fiiiiiine looking gentlemen there. I think I might be blushing. Good work!

8. Ang August 17, 2009 at 7:46 pm #

Hells yeah!!!

9. Lisa August 17, 2009 at 7:56 pm #

Very cute! One and all.

10. marjorie August 17, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

BRAVA, plumcake!! love all these choices — and i thought i was the only one who had teh quiet hots for jack lemmon.

and all i can say for your gallic taste treat is WHOA. i respect your “on again, off again,” but if i could get on that i’m not sure i’d get off.

(i’m so subtle and ladylike with a G&T in me, post True Blood viewing.)

11. La Petite Acadienne August 17, 2009 at 8:14 pm #

No ginger in The Stonecutter, I’m afraid. His hair is mostly pepper with just a smidge of salt. But yes, he is a total biscuit.

12. Wendy August 17, 2009 at 8:35 pm #

A good deal of yumminess on every course on that menu – good pickin’, Plummie.

About that last pic, though… I find myself of two minds about the hat. And really it’s not the hat, because Kerry carries it (see what I did there?) well. But, I dunno… I’m not so sure I’m quite down with that style of hat, which has enjoyed a renewed popularity this summer. It’s kind of Bing Crosby, which ain’t bad, but it’s also not on Yer Dad, which messes with my head. When I learned to drive, one cardinal rule was “never get stuck behind an old man in a hat”, and this is that kind of hat. But now it’s being worn by a particular subset of the male sex who wear baggy cargo shorts and no shirt, so you can see the waistband of their Calvins, and talk loudly because they’ve been drinking, and act like idiots. So now it’s “young men with hats”, for more reasons than just the bad driving.

Or is that just me?

13. Plumcake August 17, 2009 at 9:51 pm #

Wendy, I think you’ll find Kerry is wearing a trilby while those shirtless baggypants hooligans wear the more substantial fedoras. I suspect Kerry is of the subset who actually like vintage fashion –I’d be surprised if he didn’t own, or at least want to own a sharkskin suit– while those other fellas wear them because K-Fed did.

La Petite, it’s probably a good thing he doesn’t have ginger. I’d hate to have to fight you for him and I’d hate to have to lose.

Marjorie — oh yes, yes you would.

14. Jeni August 18, 2009 at 1:54 am #

Oh My God. Drool $#%@&#% *dies*

Ahm, sorry. I have never been so sad to live in a collage town as I am now. I am so sick of looking at 1/2 dressed, a$$ hanging out of their pants, frat boys! (median age is 22.5! yay.). This post was a lovely change.

Also is anyone would like to embrace the single life again please ship your man to VA, I’ll gladly pay shipping.

15. Twistie August 18, 2009 at 3:03 am #

Dang, Plummy! Our readers have some fine men in their lives, don’t they? Just look at all that hotness!

As for Andre, excuse me but I have an appointment with a fainting couch and some remarkably happy daydreams.

16. Jo August 18, 2009 at 5:34 am #

Excuse me, Plumcake? Uh…did we spend the same night(s) in that apartment? Because, if we did, I think you left one of your shoes on the fire escape.

17. Style Spy August 18, 2009 at 9:13 am #

Ooh, he’s a dish. Get it? Chef? Dish? Bwah-hah-hah, oh, I crack me up…

18. Leah August 18, 2009 at 10:53 am #

Well done ladies. Any single brothers/cousins/friends of these gentlemen can be sent to Manchester, NH. ;-)

19. theDiva August 18, 2009 at 11:42 am #

what a crop of handsome men! Plummy, I am convinced and have e-mailed you a picture of my better half for inclusion in the next DIY Monday Hotness.