What Miss Plumcake is stealing | Manolo for the Big Girl

What Miss Plumcake is stealing

If good artists borrow and great artists steal, I’m about to get all Caravaggio up in this joint.

In homage to our glorious leader, it is Tuesday time to see what Miss Plumcake is:

Reading:

Hating:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Wanting:
Tadashi jersey cocktail dress

Buying:
Pluots

10 Responses to “What Miss Plumcake is stealing”

1. Ravna August 25, 2009 at 5:29 pm #

Being statistically one of those who will survive a zombie apocalype due to sheer hardheadedness and a love for all things zombie… well at least all things zombie that is of quality I might acutally like that novel.
    I have to read it to pass judgement, but it’s not too surprising if I should fall head over heels in love with it despite the fact that I love Jane Austen’s books.

2. Wendy August 25, 2009 at 5:51 pm #

Aw, Plummie, I’m sorry you didn’t like P&P&Z. I thought it was a hoot, and P&P is my favourite book EVAR, and I don’t always take kindly to adaptations, etc. Maybe my opinion of it was favourably influenced by the complete lack of vampires, sparkly or otherwise, though. :)

3. Plumcake August 25, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

See that’s my problem. I HATE zombie and zombie-related nonsense, it’s so tired and hipstery, and I harbor a well-documented dislike for the works of Jane Austen SO they’re two horrible tastes that taste horrible (and probably like brains) together.

4. AmazonAngelle August 26, 2009 at 12:33 am #

Don’t worry I too hate zombies, granted it’s in a way that mowing through them with a thresher in the zombie apocalypse will be the closest thing to heaven I can imagine but still I am all with the hate.

5. De August 26, 2009 at 8:48 am #

I was disappointed with some aspects of P&P&Z, and it seemed very juvenile to me in its adaptation, but it overall wasn’t horrible.

And I love Jane Austen and I love me some zombies.

6. Becs August 26, 2009 at 9:19 am #

Well I love zombies and enjoy Austen, but I really thought the book was kinda blah. Like it wasn’t so bad that I finished it going “give me the time I spent reading this BACK RIGHT NOW” but I definitely put it in the give-away pile as soon as I was done. I feel like it would have been funnier if it was actually sounded at all like Austen (which overall I really don’t think it did) and I felt like most of the jokes were waaaay obvious and run into the ground. Plummy, although I enjoy zombies I agree with you about them being tired and hipstery, and I think that might have contributed to my dislike.

7. ChloeMireille August 26, 2009 at 9:44 am #

I heard about P&P&Z from my English teacher friends. If you’ve never read it, either Amazon or Google Books has the first 10 pages or so available to read online.

It also turns out that there is also Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, too.

8. GrammaK August 26, 2009 at 10:57 am #

I wanted to love P&P&Z, but it bored me to tears, and the ball jokes were wearying. I gave up halfway through.

9. Lee August 26, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

The Riches…I thought Eddie Izzard was one of the funniest people on Earth, The Riches turned that into a full on lust-fest. Damn, he’s hot!

10. Plumcake August 26, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

Right Lee? I’d never seen it before and was hesitant but wow, it’s really good.