The Daily Kick: Back to School Yellow | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Daily Kick: Back to School Yellow

school-bus.jpg

yellow-marc-jacobs-flat.JPG

manhole-cover.jpg

yellow_book.jpg

School bus yellow flats by Marc Jacobs. I’m not usually a fan of his shoes, and I’m certainly not a fan of visible labels, but the clever “workwear” stamp on the toe detail is just gritty enough to charm me.

6 Responses to “The Daily Kick: Back to School Yellow”

1. sasha September 8, 2009 at 7:45 am #

I definitely do not ever wear anything with big, visible labels.

A small, discreet label is just barely passable.

2. Plumcake September 8, 2009 at 8:46 am #

I’m with you, I think the Marc Jacobs one is only about 12 pt type, which is pretty small especially when you see your toes are rarely as I do. The only big labels I don’t mind is Hermès, and that’s usually worked into the scarf somewhere. I’d still never wear one that just had the big H print all over it.

3. Lisa September 8, 2009 at 10:16 am #

I take labels as they come–either they work for me or they don’t. I have a weird relationship with Marc Jacobs; I don’t actively follow his collections, but I own kind of a lot of his stuff, including these shoes. His shoes fit me really really well and are quite comfortable to wear–a number of his fit into my “can wear all day at work” category.

4. JenniferP September 8, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

I really like the color studies you’ve been doing with the Daily Kick – nice work!

5. Plumcake September 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

JenniferP, thank you so much. I really like the format, so you’ll be seeing more of the same. I’m glad you like it too.

6. JenniferP September 8, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

You’re welcome. I’m a nerd about color. One day I walked across Paris and took a picture of everything yellow that I saw.