The Daily Kick: A Word from Plumcake | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Daily Kick: A Word from Plumcake

Gold Givenchy Sandals

Huh?

11 Responses to “The Daily Kick: A Word from Plumcake”

1. ChloeMireille September 23, 2009 at 9:36 am #

Mark my words. You will see someone pair this with either a jumpsuit or harem pants.

2. Evie September 23, 2009 at 10:46 am #

Methinks someone is chasing the ruble? Oh Givenchy, how the mighty have fallen.

3. jojokaffe September 23, 2009 at 10:57 am #

Is someone going to a Halloween party as Prometheus?

4. gemdiva September 23, 2009 at 10:58 am #

ChloeMirielle – Agreed, and they probably will have escaped from Area 51. Honestly, are those things even wearable by human feet?

5. Catherine September 23, 2009 at 11:02 am #

When I first looked at that picture I assumed they were cheapy shoes you could buy as part of your video vixen Halloween costume. No, those are serious money. Who?? Why??

6. Plumcake September 23, 2009 at 11:21 am #

ChloeMireille, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. In fact, I’ll raise you and say they’ll show up on a harem jumpsuit.

Evie, I think you’re right. It’s a damn shame what happened to Givenchy; it’s been a hot mess for years. Hubert is turning in his well-tailored grave.

Jojokaffe –more like “Ho”metheus

Catherine, I’m sure they’re beautifully made, but that doesn’t mean they’re not uggo in extremis.

7. SusanC September 23, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

Definitely aiming for the Russian Hoochie-Mamma on her shopping excursion to Paris! Extra points for matching it to lame’ capri leggings and a leopard print chiffon top!

8. perletwo September 23, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

I have small feet, and I still think I’d look like a Clydesdale in those.

9. Evie September 23, 2009 at 4:42 pm #

Susan, one of the Russian professors at my college actually *owned* that outfit. Swear.

She also painted her purse dog’s nails frosty pink and dressed it in a matching leather bomber jacket. Ah, memories…

10. ChristianeF September 23, 2009 at 7:00 pm #

Ugh. I can think of so many other things to do with $950. Those are just… yuck.

11. Gauss September 26, 2009 at 8:00 am #

Beyond the yuck factor (which itself is beyond words), these are impossible to walk in or even stand in. Where do your toes rest? How do you stand in shoes whose soles have no horizontal part? And why would you pay $950 for such horrors?