Suck it, Ralph Lauren | Manolo for the Big Girl

Suck it, Ralph Lauren

Okay, first of all I’m going to say this once and for all: when pronouncing Ralph Lauren’s last name, it’s Lauren like Bacall, not Loren like Sophia. Really? Really.

Also?
ralph lauren

Yours is a very bad Photoshop, Mr Lauren.

BoingBoing called them on it, and instead of admitting fault Ralph Lauren’s tried to shut them down citing copyright infringement which is crackery of the highest order because it couldn’t be any more “fair use” if it tried. Nice one, Ralphie!

Watch mysecretgirlfriend Rachel Maddow skewer the American designer:

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

12 Responses to “Suck it, Ralph Lauren”

1. evilsciencechick October 14, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

Then RL fired the model for being fat. Trufax.

2. Lisa October 14, 2009 at 3:54 pm #

Rachel’s not YOUR secret girlfriend, she’s MY secret girlfriend. The “cookies” line cracked me up.

3. Lisa October 14, 2009 at 4:14 pm #

oh, and one more thing. That outfit is heinous, Ralph. I could get that top at Kohl’s.

4. daisyj October 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm #

There’s another one on Photoshop Disasters today that’s even worse. They shrank and stretched the model’s entire body, except the hands, which were bigger than her thighs.

5. Carol October 14, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

Lovely to see some smart ladies with cahones. Does my heart good.

6. Miss Lou October 15, 2009 at 2:32 am #

As evilsciencechick already pointed out, the model was fired from RL six months ago for being too fat. She is 5’10” and 120 pounds. Even she said that if they were going to distort her so badly, why not just hire another girl.

7. raincoaster October 15, 2009 at 2:34 am #

Ralph’s REAL last name is pronounced “Lipshitz.”

8. Tora October 15, 2009 at 3:52 pm #

Oh my land, he did it again:

I notice reports say the first Bratz-like ad showed in Japan. This latest one was in Australia. Is Asia-Pac the new testing ground for ludicrous body imaging? Wait. I’m not sure I want you to answer that.

9. Margo October 15, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

What I find fishy is that no one can dig up a better scan/original of said ad. I have no doubt that Ralphy ‘shops his models to kingdom come, but why is it always the same, dingy picture? Hmmm.

Oh, and RL are hardcore sweatshop producers who have fought down worker’s rights, so a pox on the whole ugly corporation. I know, they ain’t the only one, and I’ll be the first to ‘fess up to the fact that there are items in my wardrobe and home of questionable origin, and I do my bit on a budget to get around that, but seriously: these clothes cost ridiculous amounts of dosh, could they not do better than three cents an hour?

10. raincoaster October 16, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

The reason this bad scan of a magazine is going around is that Lauren and the magazines have been using copyright law to take down other images. This one is protected as News.

11. Margo October 16, 2009 at 5:57 pm #

Thanks for the clarification, raincoaster. Let us now hold hands and commence peeing on those stupid v-necked sweaters.

12. Leah October 17, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

So I went on this date with a photographer and I wasn’t sure if I liked him or not, then he told me that he doesn’t do fashion work anymore because last time he did he had to have a big shouting match with someone and give back half his fee because he refused to photoshop the image to make the models body “75% leg, 25% torso, her head is negligible” because he thought that was sick and pretty gross. I mean if there was ever a way to skyrocket yourself from iffy to second date..