Big Girls in Art: Mass-produced and beautiful | Manolo for the Big Girl

Big Girls in Art: Mass-produced and beautiful

Reader Melissa pointed us to these Ballerina figurines she found, available at Z Gallerie stores (or online here) for $50 apiece:

Are they not graceful, confident, and heavenly? Francesca wishes that Z Gallerie would indicate the person who designed them.

7 Responses to “Big Girls in Art: Mass-produced and beautiful”

1. Emily October 21, 2009 at 10:01 pm #

aw, I love these, they’re awesome!

2. scattered marbles October 21, 2009 at 10:10 pm #

Those are awesome, I really love them. it would be great if we could find out the artist who produced them!!

3. janie October 22, 2009 at 12:32 am #

they remind me of Fernando Botero statues… and I’ve bought a copy of one of his paintings there. so, maybe him?

4. Twistie October 22, 2009 at 11:02 am #

Ooh, these make me smile.

Damn I wish there was an undecorated flat surface at Casa Twistie that I didn’t need for rolling out pie crust.

5. gemdiva October 22, 2009 at 4:05 pm #

Several years ago Kosta Boda did a snapshot series of little blue nudes. These kind of remind me of them. This link will take you to one of them. It happens to be the one that I own and she makes me smile every time I look at her. She is just so joyous.

6. gemdiva October 22, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

Oh…you need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see it.

7. nike shox classic December 27, 2009 at 9:09 am #

nike shox classic Nike Shox CL Classic, Nike Shox CL running, Nike Shox CL shoesNike Shox Classic, Buy Nike Shox Classic online, Nike Shox Classic …Nike Shox Classic – Shoes – Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at …Nike Shox Classic II Si – Mens – Neutral Grey/Harbor Blue/AnthraciteNike Shox: Nike Shox R4, Nike Shox Classic, Nike Shox NZ …,