The Monday Hotness: The Villains | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: The Villains

Whoopsie, this went up before I was finished! Anyhoodle, today’s Monday Hotness is only the second time in Hotness History where I’ve posted Hotnii with whom –all things being equal– I’d not like to get squelchy.

David Bowie and Zachary Quinto. There is one reason David Bowie is leading this list and one reason only: my best friend Meghan would buy a plane ticket, a knife, a map, one of those GPS things because she can’t actually READ a map, rent a car, break into my house and kill me in my sleep if I didn’t. So here you go Meghs, number one with a bullet:

David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King
David Bowie as The Goblin King in Labyrinth

Next:

Malcolm McDowell as Alex in A Clockwork Orange 1972. Saw this once in college, have no need to ever EVER see it again. EVER. Screwed me up for MONTHS. Still, Malcolm does bring a strange Ewan MacGregor-y hotness. Plus we all know I’m a sucker for a good hat and false lashes.

One you’ve probably not seen:
cape fear
Robert Mitchum as Max Cady in Cape Fear
I watched this while I was on vacation, which perhaps was ill advised since I was actually quite near Cape Fear. I’ve never seen the DeNiro remake because I prefer my scenery cut, not chewed.

ralph fiennes

Lastly:
zachary-quinto
Zachary Quinto as Sylar in Heroes

Dude. I just don’t see it. He looks like a horny camel, but I know you’ll all get your snuggies in a sling if I didn’t mention him so FINE.

Finally, one of you CLEARLY CRAZY PEOPLE asked where Alan Rickman was on this list. If you recall, there is a Alan Rickman Embargo here at MftBG for reasons you can read here (and see lots of pictures of him shirtless too. If you’re into that sort of thing. Which is gross.)

20 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: The Villains”

1. Thalia October 26, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

What, no Alan Rickman?

2. gemdiva October 26, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

Robert Mitchum is a hunk and a half and also a very under appreciated actor. He gets my vote for sure. Gotta agree with Thalia, Alan Rickman would be a great addition to the list (first fell in love with him in The January Man) but it’s your list Plummy and the beauty of that is you get to pick the members :-)

3. gemdiva October 26, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

Oh and I totally agree with you on Clockwork Orange. It took me years to be able to listen to Singin’ in the Rain without flinching involuntarily after viewing it.

4. lucy October 26, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

I’m actually very happy you mentioned Clockwork Orange. I thought only me and bff found the scene where Alex has to lick the bottom of a shoe undeniably sexy. *shivers*

5. Nichole October 26, 2009 at 3:45 pm #

I will have to say that when I was 10 years old, I thought David Bowie as the Goblin King was HOTT! Big hair, tight pants, and purple eyeshadow.. what else could a girl ask for?!?!?

6. Twistie October 26, 2009 at 4:14 pm #

Mmmm…Jareth…yum.

At least I’m not alone about Zachary Quinto. I think he’s an amazingly talented actor, but hot? Not to me.

Alan Rickman isn’t my idea of pretty, but I long to have a tawdry affair with his voice.

7. zuzu October 26, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

By Grabthar’s hammer… what a savings.

Man, Mitchum even looks good in high-waisted pants.

You know who I’d like to see on here? Young James Garner, circa The Great Escape. That was a beautiful man.

8. Icy @ Individual Chic October 26, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

I saw David Bowie as Jareth appear at the top of the page and I just go shivers up my spine. I STILL think he is just SO SEXY!

9. Jane October 26, 2009 at 7:06 pm #

You younger folks can have Quinto, he does not do it for me. However, the young Mr. McDowell was a thing of beauty indeed. I have sat through some incredibly bad movies (“Cat People,” anyone?) for the view of him. I recommend particularly “Time After Time,” in which he plays H.G. Wells teleported to ’70s San Francisco.

10. joods October 26, 2009 at 7:10 pm #

Alan Rickman…oh my gawd! He and his voice makes me weak in the knees.
    I remember first lusting after him in the movie “Die Hard”…he played the wicked Hans Gruber. Then in “Truly Madly Deeply”…swoon. Lordy I need a cold shower.

***
    APPARENTLY SOMEONE IS UNCLEAR ON THE CONCEPT OF ALAN RICKMAN EMBARGO! -ed.

11. ChristianeF October 26, 2009 at 7:11 pm #

I’m not really getting the David Bowie thing. I prefer my men manly (or at least without eyeshadow). But then again, I haven’t actually SEEN Labyrinth…

Anyhow, I do love me some Zachary Quinto. I am so torn watching him play Sylar. He’s so bad, but he’s also so delicious.

12. LaCot October 26, 2009 at 7:20 pm #

No Jason Isaacs? He did not one but two villains. I mean, one has to find Lucius Malfoy distasteful on principle, but good heavens, he purrrrs!! Lucious.

13. Jennifer October 26, 2009 at 8:26 pm #

Mmmmm Ralph Fiennes. He can even make having no nose hot.

14. Twistie October 26, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

You make an excellent point, LaCat. Jason Isaacs is quite a delightful baddie. It’s the purr that does it, really. That and the fetching walking stick. And the yummy locks.

15. Lisa October 26, 2009 at 11:14 pm #

Jason Isaacs was also a steller bad guy in The Patriot. Work those baby blues.

Robert Mitchum was fantastic in Cape Fear, but also in Night of the Hunter–a wonderful movie that moves very slowly. And yet you stick with it.

Ah, the Goblin King. Jennifer Connelly was very sweet and young in Labyrinth as she desperately worked to outwit the Goblin King to save her younger brother Toby and to avoid being the Goblin Queen. Had I been in young Jennifer’s shoes, however, things would have gone rather hard for young Toby as I would have kicked him to the curb in a New York minute in order to be Bowie’s Queen. guess that’s why I am never the sweet young heroine. Bowie is creative and wildly intelligent—two of my favorite turn-ons.

16. Violet October 27, 2009 at 12:01 am #

“Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Schindler’s List The most monstrous villain of them all since Amon Goeth was a real person, but I’m a sucker for Ralph Fiennes. I remember watching some Harry Potter flick and thinking “well, yeah, I’d still probably hit that.””

All of that. Oh dear. I saw Schindler’s List when it came out with my parents and my brother and I was veeery quiet during the ensuing Serious Conversation About Seriousness at dinner.

I had a huge Labyrinth problem, also. Lisa, I used to spend hours awake coming up with baroque variations upon negotiations that would involve my staying there and stupid Toby going back home.

17. the Constantly Dramatic One October 27, 2009 at 6:38 am #

“I remember watching some Harry Potter flick and thinking “well, yeah, I’d still probably hit that.”

Yeah……….I had the same thought as well =P

18. Kara October 27, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

Totally agree with David Bowie. “Magic Dance,” nothing, more like Magic Pants!

19. Alexis October 27, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

All good ones! I do so love Ralph Fiennes and Robert Mitchum. I have mixed feelings about Zachary–he actually looks eerily like my husband, and normally I like to look at something on tv that I can’t get at home. ;)

20. klee October 27, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

Although the Rickman was hot in Die Hard, it was Alexander Godunov who was the hottest. I could watch that man walk all. day.long. There’s a scene in the otherwise intolerable movie ‘the money pit’ where he walks down the aisle of the theatre. Heaven. The man was sex on a stick.