Monday Hotness: Anderson Cooper | Manolo for the Big Girl

Monday Hotness: Anderson Cooper

GOSH I’m so glad I don’t have to do another dumb lug. I heart you guys so much.

In the Land of Cake-Believe (i.e., my head) Anderson Cooper is totally my big brother.
Anderson Cooper

Of course I’m perfectly happy with the brother I’ve got in real life, despite the fact he’s insisted on being both younger than I am (selfish!) and not having cancer anymore thereby making it just a matter of time before his stupid eyelashes grow back and I’m no longer the most doe-eyed of the Plumcake clan (selfish SQUARED) but don’t you think Anderson would be the best grown-up brother a girl could have?
The African Queen

Coop is a Confirmed Bachelor –much in the same way Bitsy the First was a Virgin Queen– so odds are low he’ll be chasing your hot girlfriends BUT he WILL be surrounded by good-looking gentlemen’s gentlemen who will love you and buy you drinks, if only to get you drunk enough to “borrow” your size 42 tigerstripe sequined Manolos (DON’T THINK I’M NOT ONTO YOU, TODD. -ed)

no one does bemused like Coop
He’s smart, adorable, funny and a Vanderbilt which, if you HAVE to be a Yankee, is not a bad sort of Yankee to be.
splish splash
Incidentally Coop’s great great granddaddy is at least partially responsible for my existence since my beloved grandparents fell in love at Vandy in 1952 –which according to my grandmother’s personal mathematics would’ve made her three at the time– so it’s like we’re related already.

(Coop tries spray tanning. Adorable.)

Another great thing is the Silver Fox and I wouldn’t have to worry about going after the same guys since I don’t go in for musclemen and he probably doesn’t have the hots for the Archbishop of My Pants Canterbury, which is good, because like my Nana always said; “No one’s too pretty to stab.”

15 Responses to “Monday Hotness: Anderson Cooper”

1. Lisa November 10, 2009 at 5:29 pm #

The last time I went to the National Press Club in DC, Cooper was there, and he’s just as pretty in real life. SUCH beautiful eyes. And my hair needs to turn that color when I’m not 29 anymore.

2. Twistie November 10, 2009 at 6:03 pm #

Plummy, we are Big Girls. We are a cut above. We can appreciate qualities beyond mere hunkitude. I want Anderson Cooper for his mind…okay, and those gorgeous eyes. They really are remarkably pretty. Sigh.

3. jen209 November 10, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

Two things:
    1) If Anderson Cooper were my older brother, I would have major problems, because, not only would I find him attractive, but I would lament that he doesn’t play on my team (or we play on the same team? Not sure how that metaphor works in this case)
    2) re: eyelashes. Can I use this forum to lament the fact that the man I am dating (who so far is flawless in every other way and YAY I like him so much it makes me want to squeel) has the longest, most beautiful eyelashes EVER? Seriously, he should be a spokesman for Latisse (that ridiculous new prescription treatment for “inadequate eyelashes”). How is a girl to compete? I seriously have started wearing mascara because I feel so plain next to his eyes. Why does such a great gift have to be bestowed on someone who could care less?

4. Margo November 10, 2009 at 6:41 pm #

Plummy, the dear AoC, Dr. Rowan Williams, has a new-ish book on Russian Orthodox Theology, which is apparently very tough to get hold of but excellent. Not really my choice of bed time reading, but I do love his poetry. (Does Anderson write poetry? I know he edits Gloria’s books, and going by the two-page skim I gave of the new Vanderbilt smut book I read, he needs to have words with her about use and abuse of both prose tone and hairbrushes).

5. theDiva November 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm #

Anderson is indeed adorable.

6. klee November 10, 2009 at 10:31 pm #

No, I don’t want him as my big brother, I want him as my best friends big brother, who, after years of (sweetly) teasing me and ruffling my hair after I made his favorite chocolate chip cookies(again) realizes I AM his one true love…

sigh. That was a really good dream.

7. gemdiva November 10, 2009 at 11:13 pm #

“No one’s too pretty to stab”!!! I love this and am going to steal it starting now. Too funny. Bless your Nana.

8. S November 10, 2009 at 11:30 pm #

Oh my! Best hotness pick yet! Anderson is the perfect mix of smart, sexy, and geeky. He is a triple threat of hotness. Plus, both his first name and last name should be last names, which is always the sign of a dangerous man.

9. FatGirlEats November 10, 2009 at 11:47 pm #

I’m drooling. Positively drooling!

10. Lisa November 11, 2009 at 12:01 am #

PS I am awfully glad your brother no longer has cancer.

11. Christine November 11, 2009 at 10:09 am #

I am so glad to hear about your brother!

And I still have my daydreams about the A of C and also, in my dreams Anderson is always in hot pursuit. He is too perfect to not have children, though I am waaaay beyond (ok, just getting there) having children.

Christine

12. ChloeMireille November 11, 2009 at 10:40 am #

Am I the only one that got Channel One at their middle/high school? That’s how long I’ve been hung up on Anderson Cooper.

13. klee November 11, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

apropos of nothing, has there been a hotness no longer with us? example: Raoul Julia. Saw the adams fam movie, and recalled what a crush I had on him. Must have been the voice (and excellent acting skills, if you saw him in ‘kiss of the spider woman)…

14. Amy K. November 11, 2009 at 8:31 pm #

Isn’t that Jeff Corwin blurred out in the second photo down? Why not just leave him and get two hotnesses for ther price of one?

Why?

15. Plumcake November 12, 2009 at 11:03 am #

oh how quickly they forget.

Halloween week featured Robert Mitchum in the Villains Hotness
    Patrick Swayze was the first person to ever get both the Friday Fierceness AND The Monday Hotness and of course Martin Luther King had his own feature in January.