Yes, No, Maybe: Kiyonna | Manolo for the Big Girl

Yes, No, Maybe: Kiyonna

Kiyonna has a great collection right now. Almost everything on their site could be a “yes.” And right now they are offering free ground shipping on orders of $100 or more, and a free upgrade to 2-day shipping on orders of $150 or more.

Click on the pictures for comments and more information, or just to go to their website.

MAYBE.

13 Responses to “Yes, No, Maybe: Kiyonna”

1. theDiva December 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm #

Until midnight tomorrow, they’re offering 25% off sale items with coupon code CHEER.

2. Katkel December 15, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

I have that maybe dress and it should be a yes, so pretty and flattering, and the wine color is lovely.

3. Jewels December 15, 2009 at 7:21 pm #

I’m going to have to disagree with the wine dress and sweater. The dress looks just like a bridesmaid dress my mom had back in the late 70’s. And I have a couple sweaters with the long “tails” in the front – I’m really wide across the thighs and hips and those tails help break up the expanse.

4. Lisa December 15, 2009 at 8:27 pm #

LURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVE that blue print.

5. Ripley December 15, 2009 at 8:59 pm #

Why is that blue sweater a No? Because I think it’s lovely.

6. ChloeMireille December 16, 2009 at 10:36 am #

The blue sweater gets a no from me for the same reason Francesca did. Those hanging bits in the front annoy me. My cousin got one for Christmas last year and we didn’t know that it was supposed to hang open like that. We thought it was supposed to be some sort of wrap-type deal. So…yeah, no.

The maxi, however, gets a yes from me. I’m only 5’4″ with a petite inseam, and I usually photograph on the short side no matter what I do. In a maxi dress, I actually look like I depict my real height or slightly taller. I was ready to call it a maybe on the color alone, but I noticed it comes in a gorgeous purple!

7. Margo December 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

I have a sort-of similar drapey sweater job, I pin the middle bits together with a brooch (ladies of the Manolosphere: always have a brooch).

8. O.C. December 16, 2009 at 9:35 pm #

I also bought the “maybe” maxi dress and like it! Too many of the maxis available this year were empire waisted and sleeveless. This one’s nice for having the longish-short drapey sleeves, and the waist falls at more of a natural level, while also being snug under the bust. It’s a very flattering line, and even has a back that’s low enough to be sexy while not too low to cover a bra! But I don’t like the wine color. It’s wishy washy. The purple this comes in, however…. rawr!

9. ? December 17, 2009 at 12:50 am #

f i were 20 i would be in that blue leopard dress 24/7 without any sense of propriety. i’d look to desperate-cougar in it now…right? the purple kiyonna is gorgeous and more age-appropriate but dear me that leopard dress is tempting me with throbbings of noontide.

10. ? December 17, 2009 at 1:58 am #

i have never really paid kiyonna much mind, but post made me look again, and this is a find — dvf-ish in a good way. the only thing i’d wish for is a snap button for modesty.

11. enygma December 17, 2009 at 2:27 am #

I actually like the print dress under “No”, but I think the “Maybe” dress makes even the model look short.

12. OCCaliAKA December 17, 2009 at 3:34 pm #

I might say “yes” to the maxi. Except I have smallish breasts (40B). I’m tall enough to pull it off, though. As for the leopard, love the blue-violet color and would get it in a solid.

13. Christine December 22, 2009 at 4:33 pm #

Emphatic NO to the maxi dress… Too much fabric, plus even the model looks blocky. That’s not a good sign.

I say YES to the chiffon dress. The print looks very Anthropologie and reminiscent of the art of Yellena James. Plus size fashion is often too “I am fierce! Look at my cleavage in this leopard print polyster top and pencil skirt from Torrid” – What ever happened to sophisticated (without being dowdy)? How about just plain PRETTY?