I think ABC Suspects We’re All Terrorists

Oh my GOSH you guys, I can’t believe ANYONE would think ABC  could POSSIBLY be setting a double standard by refusing to run Lane Bryant’s new lingerie commercial –citing “excessive cleavage”– during Dancing With the Stars!

It’s so simple!

THIS is okay:

DWTS6

THIS is not:

lane-bryant-ad

I mean DUH.

Not convinced? Fine, let’s have another example.

This is obviously totally appropriate family viewing:

DWTS5

DWTS3

THIS is like forcing your nana to make out with Bin Laden:

Lane Bryant Ad 2
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE…
Mom and apple pie:

Julianne-Hough_l

Piddling on Old Glory:

Lane Bryant Ad 6

Baking cookies for a veteran:

116593_1253

Baking cookies for Jane Fonda:

Lane Bryant BLUE

Tickertape parade:

DWTS in her undies

Slashing the tires on those silly little Shriner cars:

Lane Bryant Ad 7

I mean I just don’t understand how people can be so stupid as to not tell the difference between what is CLEARLY Mouse-approved wholesome family entertainment and the sort of society destroying media dreck Lane Bryant is trying to use to sell underwear! Team ABC!

Pass4sure – http://www.pass4sure.com/642-374.html
Realtests – http://www.realtests.com/training/Project-Management-Professional.htm
Test-king – http://www.test-king.com/cert-CCIE.htm
Certkiller – http://www.certkiller.com/Network-plus-certification-training.htm
Examsheets – http://www.examsheets.com/exam/SY0-201.htm

25 Responses to “I think ABC Suspects We’re All Terrorists”

1. Jen April 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

*applauds*

2. dcsurfergirl April 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

Woo hoo!

For what it’s worth, I posted the Lingerie Post version of this story on my Facebook page. I included a YouTube video of the latest Victoria’s Secret commercial (featuring “The Nakeds” lingerie collection) for comparison. Yeah, it’s a hot mess.

I do have new respect for Lane Bryant. It was a gutsy move to make a lingerie ad and it’s good business too. I went to a store and bought some stuff, including some of the lingerie I saw in the ad.

3. Omnibus Driver April 26, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

And if ABC is wrong… well, so is a certain pesky and mildly deranged Muslim cleric. Thanks for inadvertently supporting the BOOBQUAKE movement. The timing is perfection.

4. Plumcake April 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm #

@Surfergirl: Agreed: it was a bold move and I’m glad they used fleshier Ashley Graham instead of Crystal Renn. I’m wearing that black bra this very moment and it’s my all time favorite sexy bra.

5. The gold digger April 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

The conservative talk show host in my town was rolling his eyes over this one, making basically the same point you are, which is that you see far worse on network TV shows. Plus he thought the LB model was hot.

6. dcsurfergirl April 26, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

@Plumcake–I am also wearing the black bra! Cool! I bought the red one, too. I don’t own a trenchcoat, though.

7. Miss Janey April 26, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

The model is gorgeous, the spot is perfect… ABC execs are morons.

8. Manolo the Shoeblogger April 26, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

Slashing the tires on those silly little Shriner cars

This is perhaps the greatest line ever writing on any blog, ever!

9. jojo.k April 26, 2010 at 5:08 pm #

I love the little thing you did there with matching the bra colors with the female dancer’s ensem.

If ABC and FOX are smart they’ll push the Blackberry TM issue as the source of the conflict. But, to date, they’ve been pretty quiet.

10. Plumcake April 26, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

That’s why you’re giving me that embarrassingly big raise, boss!

11. Lisa April 26, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

I’m betting Jane Fonda doesn’t eat cookies. But otherwise, spot on.

12. theDiva April 26, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Well of course ABC is refusing to run the ads. In a cleavage smackdown, Ashley clearly *smokes* those DWTS wimmin.

13. Diana April 26, 2010 at 8:50 pm #

We haven’t heard anything from ABC or Fox’s side on this, and I’m willing to bet someone just found the pink Blackberry too arousing.

14. Broad April 26, 2010 at 9:09 pm #

I don’t know, Plummy, but I’m not sure I get where you’re coming from. Can you be a little more specific.

/SNERK

15. Peaches April 26, 2010 at 11:04 pm #

I think the brouhaha is great for our cause. It shows that we see the average size figure (size 12/14) as much sexier than the skinny one. I love it!

16. JayKay April 26, 2010 at 11:29 pm #

I agree that this show can be pretty darn ridiculous in terms of costumes, but BIG PROPS for Niecy Nash and the sexy-as-all-get-out black lace number she sported for the Argentine tango tonight. She’s all about her curves and her jiggly parts and hell if she doesn’t look just as amazing as the stick figures in sequins.

17. Peaches April 27, 2010 at 7:23 am #

“Slashing the tires on those silly little Shriner cars” HILARIOUS!!!! and I hate those cars. Thanks Plummy!

18. phlly April 27, 2010 at 9:56 am #

And even more ironically, the Lane Bryant model actually looks like a lady, while the pneumatically enhanced dancing with the stars gals look, well, NOT ladylike.

19. Plumcake April 27, 2010 at 10:49 am #

@Diana, I would’ve gone the Blackberry route too, but it’s hard to prove implication. Plus they cited “excessive cleavage” not innuendo.

@Phlly: I agree, and that’s what makes her sexier. She’s natural: a natural, soft, womanly body that isn’t manufactured for television. We’re not used to seeing unpasteurized, unhomogonized sexiness. No wonder some execs think it’s scary.

20. Deb K April 27, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

I just loved that ad and am chuffed that Lane Bryant doesn’t ship to Canada. The shots of the lingerie in that ad show they have attractive beautiful SHAPELY intimate wear for the curvey woman. Hmmm, a trip to the US in my future?!?! Yes, just no watching of NBC or Fox when I am “resting” in my hotel room after hitting the oh so sexy and wonderful Lane Bryant store!!!!

21. Rachel April 27, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

Your photo commentary makes this entry absolutely award-winning. Can’t stop laughing !!!

22. g-dog April 27, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

deb k — i can ship to CA!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks:

1. Plus size news roundup | Fat Chic - April 26, 2010

[...] OK, by now anyone reading plus blogs has seen the alleged controversy with Fox and ABC. Ashley Graham went on CBS to do a small interview on The Early Show. If this is true – and I still think there’s more left unsaid here – perhaps it’s that the networks simply don’t see the Victoria Secret models as sexual? Part of my skepticism is geographic. I live near the Mall of America, where they’re doing a big makeover of their store, likely to emphasize Cacique brand lingerie. There’s even an invite-only shopping event on Thursday I plan to attend. I’m broke and unable to shop, but I’d like to get a look at what this is all about. It just all seems a bit to coincidental to really be coincidence. While Lane Bryant is taking strides as a brand, this just sits wrong with me. Whatever is really going on, don’t miss Manolo for the Big Girl’s commentary. [...]

2. Tweets that mention I think ABC Suspects We’re All Terrorists » Manolo for the Big Girl! -- Topsy.com - April 28, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alejandra, Manolo Shoeblogger, Manolo Shoeblogger, Chris A., aimalyn and others. aimalyn said: http://manolobig.com/2010/04/26/i-think-abc-suspects-were-all-terrorists/ @niseema [...]

3. Thursday Links : A Most Curious Blog - May 6, 2010

[...] Cleavage is only okay if it’s dancing. Manolo for the Big Girl reports. [...]