Shoe Month! A Truly Bad Idea

I know what you all are thinking: It’s the beginning of Shoe Month, so obviously Miss Plumcake (who is looking even more radiant –almost luminous– than usual, if you do say so yourself) is going to start us out with a truly fabulous kick.

And that, my gorgeous little howler monkeys, is where you’d be wrong.

Today we’re going to start Shoe Month with THIS (imagine a great unveiling, possibly with doves and smoke):

Dolce Vita Kade

This, my friends, is some seriously bad shoe.

Let me tell you a little story about when I was but a wee bairn. There were two things I truly loved: milk and pickles.  So one day, with the infinite wisdom of a six year old, I poured the entire jar of pickle brine into a half gallon of milk. For some reason I didn’t try it myself, and when my father poured it on his cereal well…I don’t think I need to finish this story, do I?

The Dolce Vita “Kade” sandal is available at Zappos and is available for purchase (possibly as a trick to play on your enemies) for $127. Pickle juice and milk not included

10 Responses to “Shoe Month! A Truly Bad Idea”

1. Lisa June 1, 2010 at 12:23 pm #

Why am I not surprised by the fact you were the sort of child who poured pickle juice into milk and left it for other people? There’s a use for brothers in such a situation.

I don’t like any of the shoes that look like they are devouring the ankle.

2. KimKS June 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

Never understood the whole open toe boot thing…

3. Plumcake June 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

@Lisa: Well I was hoisted on my own petard. I had to drink an entire glass of it as punishment, got summarily violently ill and have remained traumatized for 20+ years.

@KimKS: I can get behind some iterations but these are just…awful. Really really REALLY awful

4. Lisa June 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

@Plumcake: OMG. Excessive. I’m thinking a mouthful would have been sufficient to the point.

The other bad thing about this shoe is the “Hey Look! I just bought a bedazzler!” aspect to it.

5. Toby Wollin June 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm #

This “thing”n the photo is an answer to a design question that is not being asked.

6. Abbey June 1, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

I have to go look at my shoes as a unicorn chaser after seeing that.

I’m rather perplexed. It’s a sandal, for warm weather, but with an ankle warmer… I’m surprised someone didn’t warn the designer that this was just going to end in tears.

7. AmazonAngelle June 2, 2010 at 12:40 am #

I absolutely do not understand this whole sandal with a cuff/boot sandal hybrid (Bootdal? Sandoot?) trend latelt and those are just horrendous…I can’t even…it’s just…..Really!?!?

8. Orora June 2, 2010 at 9:51 am #

My eyes! The pain! Take it away! Burn it! Burn it with fire!

9. ChloeMireille June 2, 2010 at 10:30 am #

That shoe makes the baby Jesus cry.

10. Emily June 3, 2010 at 1:38 am #

Never understood the whole open toe boot thing…