The Monday Hotness: Jude Law | Manolo for the Big Girl

The Monday Hotness: Jude Law

It’s been a while since we’ve had a good old-fashioned Monday Hotness and I thought I’d go for a pretty boy this time.

When Jude Law first came to my attention, he was the gorgeous golden cad in The Talented Mr Ripley, I remember going “WHO is THAT?”  People like that don’t exist outside Evelyn Waugh novels. Historically I’ve never been a sucker for a pretty face, but this is a PRETTY FACE. Also? He’s secretly in love with me. True story. *

“Gwynnie lamb, I don’t want to be a pest but I think you’re stabbing me with your elbow. I said you’re a very nice girl, but I can’t be with a woman who thinks eating lawn is a good idea. Lawn is not food. Lawn is what food eats. I need a real woman. A woman with several deviled egg plates and more than one type of bacon in her refrigerator at any given time.”

“Oh Miss Plumcake,  come to me. I need the sweet healing love of a fat Episcopalian girl who might be the only natural born American who can brew a decent cup of tea. We will lie in bed listening to the Crab Canon and playing chess while I  nibble your ankle.”

“What my darling? No Bach? Even though the calendar very clearly indicates Bachtober started several days ago? Suit yourself, but I shall grab my lip and be abashed. Shall I take off my pants?”

“I know my sweet, I too am sometimes perplexed as to how my lips can be so perfect. I see you are confused. Perhaps you would like to caress my chin dimple and discuss whether I might possibly be wearing too much blusher.”

“Do you admire my shirt studs? Stephen Fry put them on with his teeth. He said that was the traditional way. Was he mistaken? Never mind. Don’t you think this inexplicably salmon waistcoat would look better crumpled elegantly on your bedroom floor, or perhaps the local public tennis courts after posted hours? So do I, darling. Let us off.”

*In my head

17 Responses to “The Monday Hotness: Jude Law”

1. Mrs. Hendricks October 4, 2010 at 10:15 am #

I know I’m in the minority on this one. The first time I saw Jude Law was in “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” and I thought, ‘who is this atrocious actor?’

Well, there’s always another Monday Hotness, isn’t there?

2. Rebekka October 4, 2010 at 11:37 am #

He’s too pretty for me, but OMG, tears running down.

3. cadpig October 4, 2010 at 11:42 am #

@Mrs. Hendricks… AMEN sister! I’m afraid that Jude Law is neither hot nor a good actor…

Maybe next monday… we can always go back to the rugby boys…

4. Suze October 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm #

Jude is a delicious man and actor, although you’re right, Midnight in the Garden was awful. But then, every actor has that role that could have been done better. Jude is now a hot man, no longer a pretty boy; I like these pictures, but more recent ones would have been great. Thanks for the hotness, I totally appreciate!

5. mery October 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

For me he is hot a very good actor.
    But he is only a pretty face, his projects can to be big or little, film or theater.

6. Daryl October 4, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

These pictures were from when Jude Law was hot. Recent one’s show a different story in my opinion. Unforunately, I think he’s always had his looks to get him the roles in the movies. I’ve never thought of him a good actor. He can play certain roles ok, but usually he’s outshined by other actors paried up with him.

I don’t hink Jude could have been as famous as he once was, if it weren’t for his looks.

Your article did make me laugh!!

7. BrooklynShoeBabe October 4, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

You post made me laugh. And I love the pretty boy pics of Jude Law. I thought he was very hot & butch in Sherlock Holmes. Clive Owens totally ran him over in the movie “Closer” though.

8. Jellybean October 4, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

I love the movie Closer. Very gritty and raw. I thought everybody did the job they were supposed to, all very good actors. “Caveman Larry” was supposed to run over mama’s-boy Dan in the end (btw, Clive played mama’s-boy Dan in the stage version, before the film). But the internet conversation was the BEST scene.

9. Jellybean October 4, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

FYI to previous post, Clive usually bores me to death. Something about his voice, I don’t know. But I liked him very much in Closer.

10. Harri P. October 4, 2010 at 4:57 pm #

Can’t talk. I’m in the middle of a Clive-Jude sandwich. Clive from “Croupier” and Jude from “Wilde.”

11. Plumcake October 4, 2010 at 5:13 pm #

@Harri: Is it bad that my first question was “Oh I wonder what the wall treatments are?”

12. ChaChaheels October 4, 2010 at 8:08 pm #

I don’t know, I think the current version of Jude Law is still good. Maybe a little less hair, a bit more “maturity”…but the looks are still there, the eyes still sparkle.

I just want him to keep doing those English costume dramas–the kind with the really great wardrobes.

13. Mrsbug October 5, 2010 at 9:56 am #

Don’t be deceived by the pretty face, darling. He’s a cad. He’ll break your heart. Mummy warned us about men like him.

14. Dawn October 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

He’s to pretty and well …to small for me . He is rather handsome , but not my type . Im more a Vin Disal (sp?) kinda girl . I like a big (and I dont necessarily mean muscle) , tough man with scared , stained , working hands and a farmers tan . The kinda guy thats amazingly handsome with grease on his cheek and sweat on his brow . Haha , yeah , Im so describing my hubby ! Guess thats a good thing ;)

This post had me cracked up tho . I needed a good laugh today ! Thank you !

15. Annoula October 5, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

I’ve been in love with Jude Law since Music from Another Room. Last year, I saw him pass in front of me in NYC and then confidently cross the street (as if he were in a romantic comedy) and I was so in awe that it didn’t occur to me to whip out my camera until it was too late. I then saw him play Hamlet a month later, and I know my Hamlet well, and I personally thought he pulled it off. The sexy wardrobe helped a bit too.

16. retna October 6, 2010 at 8:41 am #

Not into Jude Law, I don’t know why. The rugby players – especially that gorgeous Samoan is still burned on my retinas. Could we have more of him…

17. retna October 6, 2010 at 8:41 am #